Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

I personally agree with AD about looking at the 40 Degree Celcius Number, I remember using 10W-30 in my engine since this is what it was speced for, so I tried a 5W-30 motor oil and the car seemed to run better, my observations are telling me that the thinner oil is getting to the moving parts quicker.
Totally different. AD was talking about very slight differences in 0w20 viscosity at 104F and how he could extrapolate that data point to determine which oil offered the best cold winter start protection. A bit silly, don't you think? You are talking about 5w vs 10w. Of course that will make a difference in cold weather starting. That is why SAE came up with those standards.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Everything you tell us in this thread I have to question, because you are a Salesman for Amsoil whereas the rest of us are paying customers and car guys with no hidden AGENDA.
I am also a paying customer, motorhome, motorcycle, sports car and minivan guy with no hidden AGENDA. And I welcome your questions. It gives us all a chance to learn from each other. There is so much bad info, myths, wives tales, untruths, etc., it gives me and others a chance to help clear those up.