Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
You are talking about 5w vs 10w. Of course that will make a difference in cold starting.

I will probably be using Castrol Edge 0W-20 in my cars during the winter time because I sometimes do short trip driving and I want the oil to get up to operating temperature as fast as possible.

I have to use what is best for my cars and if the Castrol Edge turns out that it is not the best then it is back to Pennzoil Platinum.

My style of driving does not allow me to do extended drains.
Better buy it now if you want to save money. The price lady at my Wal-Mart was marking it up to $7.59 a quart and most of the other oils as well this morning. She said she had to change 250 Wal Mart prices today, and most of them were motor oil prices. Nearly all of the motor oil brands are going up in price due to the scarcity of base oils. Several have also announced reduced allocations to their customers or will shortly.

Amsoil will be soon to follow if that's the deal. I scored 5 qts of Edge with a Bosch Premium Plus Filter for $30, then had a $10 off coupon from AAP they honored. Guess it was the Uniform Smile. Can't beat those prices, grabbed some for me and the GF.

AD