Skip to main content

Reply to "Lubrication for trucks that works in severe load and temperature"

Inuchiyo, We have had experience with heavy transport in Australia.
There are three areas to consider.
1. There are many ester based synthetics available. The very best are poly-ol-esters which are used by Redline Oil.It uses a long chain molecule wich helps transfer heat readily. It also handles extreme temeratures without suffering molecular failure. It is also water resistant- moisture does not chemically attack the base stock. It also has excellent lubrication properties.
2. Cooling system. Redline oil sell a heat transfer agent combined with an extremely high grade corrosion package called "Water wetter"(exceeds ASTM D2570). It will help the trucks to get rid of the heat produced in the engines far more effectively.
3. Bad fuel quality can cause excessive carbon buildup within engine causing excessive heat to be trapped in this carbon layer which gets absorbed by the metal around the cylinder and hence passed onto the cooling system. If the cylinder is "clean", this heat would be passed out with the exhaust gasses. Again Redline produce a number of packages to treat all these factors including high powered detergents to clean combustion chamber, remove water and moisture, control bacterial growth and stabalise diesel fuel, etc. These can be used on a truck-by-truck basis or they can be used at storage tank level. If you have trouble getting this locally, please contact me via redlineoil@redlineoil.com.au
Regards,
Roger M
quote:
Originally posted by Inuchiyo:
Good evening guys!!

i'm from indonesia. i have a friend that has a problem to solve. i hope some of you guys have experience in solving it. In a site in Palembang, there's many logging industry. And almost all of them have problem in lubrication for their trucks (most of them use japanese truck which operated in severe heavy load, off-road,and very humid atmosphere). And many complaint from operators that using the sae 40 causing overheat. I suppose it comes from the severe load they carried. Is it okay to switch to sae 50? is there any technical explanation and justification for that step? Or maybe using oil additives is the ultimate solutions? thanx. Confused