Skip to main content

Reply to "Mobil 1 0w-40"

AD,
quote:
The money is big in fixing neglected cars.

Neglect is relative to the life expectancy of the functional fluids and their respective change intervals.

Most American motorists don't adhere to the level of maintenance seen on these boards, and Auto-makers have also been aware of this for some time now.

Motorist simply can't be bothered with flushing all the functional fluids on a regular basis,therefore various fluids are now relative 'lifetime'.

Neglect is the norm now days,therefore lifetime fluids are needed to nullify what you might call neglect. Remember,by conventional wisdom and or/definition, I am neglecting my cars in a very big way,just not paying the conventional consequences like other do---just the opposite.

Cars need to be maintenance free-and as such,maintenance free fluids need to be used to adhere to this concept. After all,we now 'neglect' our car batteries for example by never having to check them the way they once were 30 years ago or longer---thanks to being maintenance free!

Lifetime fluids are available in the market place, and many are using them such as myself with excellent results. Fluids such as motor oil,grease,AFT,Brake fluid,coolant,etc, are chemically engineered to outlast the car in some cases.

The only issue why these fluids are not mainstream is strictly politics,and greed. Even our roads can be built to outlast our cars--like in Europe where they use 30-40 year road composites. Ever drive in the East coast/NJ....it's pothole city thanks to cheap materials being used because the money lined someones pocket instead of the road surface!! Sure,I know-- it's the trucks and bad weather excuse... that might fly for some---not me! Wink