Skip to main content

Reply to "Mobil 1 0w-40"

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
This bears repeating:

To quote one SargeGTO on this synlube.

"Here are my thoughts....take em or leave em....
You betcha...the very idea of a better lube for our cars is something we all want, desire. The problem is there have been so many snake oils that credibility becomes an issue almost immediately. Then you throw in all the marketing hype posted here void of any real analytical data and you get skeptics. Of course a manufacturer is going to tell us their product is great. The web site looks like my grandson did it. No I take that back....he could do a better job.
Bottom line is this for me. They have been pimping SynLube in the United States since 1969.....and this how far they have gotten with it after almost 40 years? If it was even a fraction of what it is hyped to be any rational thinking person ( educated or uneducated) would conclude after 40 years and a company or technology is still in the "start up" mode....something is wrong.....with either the product or the folks running the business."

One would think that with what drivers in the EU pay for oil, they would be on this like flies on food at a picnic. But they are not.

Wonder why that is. Well, I don't. I'll stick with proven oils like this M1.

Data galore can be found on oil from Redline, Amsoil, Mobil, Pennzoil, QS, etc. Unlike something like synlube.

They can also be questioned without being subject to attacks from its users or defenders.
Again, unlike, well..........

Smile I have my moments Smile