Skip to main content

Reply to "New AMSoil Customer - Looking for feedbacks from experience people"

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR:
I use the 5W-30 Amsoil (ASL) in my 2005 Cadillac CTS. I am changing it once a year and expect to put 10,000 miles on it it this year. Last year I only managed to go 7,100 as I drove the truck a lot.

I have been doing yearly oil changes with Amsoil since 1975 and been a dealer since 1978.

But depending on the type of oil you previously used in the car, I would keep an eye on it. Synthetic will clean the inside of the engine like no other and if you start to use oil it could be a sign the oil additives are getting used up. This may mean you need to replace the oil filter sooner or maybe even a change. Once it cleans out any deposits that may be in there, it should stabilize. Sometimes after using fossil oil (some are worse than others) this will occur but not always so don't be alarmed, Just be aware of that.

Personall I think 10,000 miles is a no brainer with that oil and an EaO filter. They don't make an EaO or EaA fitlers for my CTS and say they likely never will, uses a cartridge oil and a custom panel air but I use them in the other vehicles.

I am using Amsoil in my
2005 CTS
2004 GMC 4x4
1993 Limina (ams XL5W-30 since new)
1992 Chevy 4x4 winter snow plow use
+ in my 2006 Rincon (ATV) and all my small engines like lawnmower, pressure washer, snowblower and leave eater upper.