Skip to main content

Reply to "New Car Warranty using Amsoil..."

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

I went ahead and called up the Amsoil Tech Line this morning and I got some different information than what you stated above.
Which Tech Guy did you speak to?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:The Tech Guy told me that if the Lubricant failed, Amsoil will investigate as to why the lubricated part failed. I asked him how long this process could take, he said it could take a couple of months, I then said is there a possibility this could drag out longer, like 6 months to a year, and he said YES.
Did he mention that they could authorize and pay for repairs immediately once they got confirmation from the vehicle manufacturer that they said the oil failed?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:So, In this scenario, I can have Ford saying my part went bad becuase of my extended OCI,
They have to state and prove the oil failed. Extended change intervals have nothing to do with it if the oil did not fail.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: and then Amsoil will be saying it was not the lubricants fault, but a problem with the part that failed,
AMSOIL would have to prove the oil did not fail and the part did by 3rd party analysis.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: if Amsoil and Ford are going back and forth this could easily drag on for more than a year. So my car that I am making payments on is just sitting, and I am supposed to drive a rental car around until this is taken care of, who is going to pay for the rental car, me, so I pickup a cheap rental for $16.00 a day, that comes out to $480.00 a month.
Since AMSOIL would authorize repairs immediately upon getting written notification from Ford that the oil failed, why would your car sit around any longer than normal?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: You are right in that you do not have to do a UOA every 5000 miles,
Told ya.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: but the Amsoil Tech Guy said this would be good if a problem arises, my Amsoil rep gave me good advice about doing a UOA every 5000 miles since he is looking after my best interests.
But since AMSOIL has never failed, you would likely be wasting time and money on a UOA for that purpose. But if you want to show that something from Ford is failing and want to catch it early, then you can do that if you want. Otherwise, save your money and wait for the part to fail and Ford will pay.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: The Amsoil Tech Guy said if you are really worried about a problem arising when you are still under warranty with the manufacture that it would be best to use the Amsoil XL Line of Oil's.
That is what I said. For someones peace of mind if using an API certified oil provides that for you. But as AMSOIL, consumer law and the vehicle manufacturers own words, it is not necessary. Again read "Warranties and AMSOIL" http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2488.pdf?zo=1181889 .

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:He also told me if you read something strange on some internet forum that some Amsoil Salesman posted and you have doubts, just call us on the Tech Line.
Exactly what I suggested. It would have even been better to email your question in writing and then post the question and response here.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Tim tells us this whole process could only take a few days, and the Amsoil Tech Guy tells me it can take a couple of months or more, I think he was being conservative in his estimate of how long the process would take to get resolved, playing " Devil's Advocate" this process could take 2 to 3 years to get resolved.
I said it would only take a few days for AMSOIL to authorize repairs when they receive a letter from the vehicle manufacturer that the oil failed. If AMSOIL proves that the manufacturer defect caused the problem, they would go after the manufacturer for reimbursement to AMSOIL. Just like I said.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:This whole Extended Warranty Thing is getting real complicated and it seems an Amsoil Dealer and the Amsoil Tech Guy are not on the same page as to how long it will take for a warranty issue to get resolved, the Ford dealer probably has good lawyers and can drag there feet for a long time, since that is the case I will just stick with what the manufacture says and do 5000 mile OCI's with whatever oil I choose too use.
I see nothing that the AMSOIL tech or I said that shows we are not on the same page. Only your interpretation of what we each said.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Tim, you better not come back with, " Well the Amsoil Tech Guy was Wrong", becuase anyone with half a brain will not buy that statement.
Why would I say that? I am in complete agreement with what he said. Just not in complete agreement with what you said.

I am still looking for the name, phone number, or dealer number for your neighbor. I've searched some info I have and see no dealer in New York that has more sales and at a higher level than I.
Last edited by timvipond