Skip to main content

Reply to "New Car Warranty using Amsoil..."

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Since AMSOIL would authorize repairs immediately upon getting written notification from Ford that the oil failed, why would your car sit around any longer than normal?

Because Amsoil will want to investigate why the oil failed, you think Amsoil is going to just fork over the money to fix the car once Ford tells them there oil is spent.
Yes, if Ford Motor Company states in writing that the oil failed, not spent, and AMSOIL has received a copy, a sample of your oil, and the other items they ask for to help them find the cause of failure.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: In case you do not remember, in the Amsoil Warranty they clearly state that you need to send in an Oil Sample to Amsoil, and they will also do a full investigation, and if you happen to lose your receipt that shows what you have purchased from Amsoil, then Amsoil is off the hook.
When you have a repair and suspect the AMSOIL may have possibly been the problem, then contact AMSOIL Technical immediately. That way when Ford is working on their findings, AMSOIL can begin working on theirs. AMSOIL wants proof that you have AMSOIL in the engine, and one of the ways is to provide them with your receipt. If you purchase direct from AMSOIL, they will have a record of your purchase. If you buy direct from your dealer, he should issue you a receipt. I think every oil company and vehicle manufacturer recommends you keep your receipts for proof of purchase.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:You are making this whole thing sound like the car breaks down on a Monday and Amsoil and Ford resolved this Lightening Quick and you get the car back on Friday, give me a break.
It depends a lot on Ford. How long it takes them to do failure analysis and prove the oil failed. Once AMSOIL gets this in writing, they can authorize repairs on your car. They can later get reimbursed from Ford. Ford could also step up and authorize repairs and get reimbursed from AMSOIL if they value you as a customer.

I've never heard of any of this being a big deal and that the customer was without his car for months. Please show that this has happened.