Skip to main content

Reply to "New Car Warranty using Amsoil..."

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:

3. Change PCV valve yourself = Not all models even have one now days. You also failed to mention to only use OEM valve if changed,and never use aftermarket valve. You could void the warranty with trajans advice.

Question..........who is actually listening to Trajan..........NOT ME!

I think Trajan gave some good advise. I only used OEM PCV valves, they never gave me problems. My dad told me aftermarket can cause oil use, they did for him, changing back to OEM easily fixed it. I'll take his word.

What I find interesting is this remark:

"You also failed to mention to only use OEM valve if changed,and never use aftermarket valve. You could void the warranty with trajans advice."

Using the wrong oil in the wrong grade, not meeting mfg specs, with the API starbusrt, for longer than the mfg suggests can too. Yet some of us seem to have missed that point.

AD

Interesting comments Miro, I like this one: Smile When you come down to it marketing is a game played with words.

"AMSOIL does not issue any public disclosure so anything goes and does not need to have any truth in it just like their trademarked slogan (basically also a lie or at a minimum a deception) "First in Synthetics"...."