Skip to main content

Reply to "New Car Warranty using Amsoil..."

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

You going to show us the numbers Tim, I also looked at Amsoil's numbers on the ASTM D-5293 test and they did not look that good.
Which numbers? Please provide the link.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:I also looked at the 40 Degree Celcius Numbers and I was not impressed.
Which numbers. Please provide the link. What did not impress you?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:You seem to like to knock Pennzoil but they did show numbers for the D-4684 test, Castrol Edge also showed numbers for this test, Amsoil does not have any numbers for this test meaning they do not show it on there site.
I have never knocked Pennzoil. They clearly do not have the best oil as shown with their 4,000 mile/4 month warranty. In fact, Pennzoil is leaving Australia and other countries as well. I guess it did not do well in the more competitive world markets.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:I have a feeling that since Amsoil is super thick they probably knew they would do terrible with the D-4684 test.
AMSOIL is not super thick. It meets the standards for viscosity. Please post the link where it is super thick.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:How come Amsoil 0W-20 is thicker than Amsoil 5W-20 XL, that Amsoil 0W-20 is almost a 0W-30 and some would argue that it is almost a 5W-20
They all meet the SAE viscosity grade. AMSOIL 0w20 is thinner at the lowest temperatures. They all offer longer warranted oil change intervals. Nothing wrong with that.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Your Amsoil 0W-30 is thicker than Castrol Edge's 5W-30 and its very close to Pennzoil Platinums numbers for there 5W-30 motor oil.
Not at the lowest temperatures.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Why is the 5W-30 XL thinner than the 5W-30 100% synthetic oil that Amsoil sells.
Different base oils, different additives. All meet SAE viscosity.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:The Viscosity Indexes on your oil's looks pathetic, no wonder your oil's thicken up overtime.
The Viscosity Indexes all meet the Viscosity Index requirements. Please show a direct correlation between Viscosity Index and thickening. When has AMSOIL thickened when there wasn't high dirt, or water, or coolant present? Please show.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Amsoil Motor Oil is just too THICK, especially for the NORTHERN folks during the wintertime.
No it isn't. Look at the Pour Point and Cold Cranking numbers. None better. Pick the 0w-XX and all will be well. AMSOIL is VERY popular in cold climates.

Show me where AMSOIL has ever failed to perform as advertised. No one else has.