Skip to main content

Reply to "No more change of engine oil"

Adeni,
Thanks for your positive opinion. I agree with you that 2% -4% topping is essential, but it is a normal process in every engine, it only makes up the oil lost due to oxidation and it will keep the level of additives in the oil at reasonable level.

I would like to point out that for achieving No More Change Of Oil with the help of Klarol Oil Purifier, the sump or the oil tank need not be large. I have given example of the 200 engines in my first poster where this concept has been almost successful and they are small, the oil sump is 35 litres only.

To extend the oil drain period even 2 or 3 times requires lot of courage as everyone is after your neck, the oil companies, OEM and your own collegues. Here in Tata Steel , Jamshedpur, officers of the Loco Department faced the threatening of OEM, but did not budge and continued their programme of extending the drain out period to more than 3600 hours instead of 300 normal working hours.Yes, out of these 200 engines 116 are on shunting locomotives and the rest on Dozers, dumpers , payloaders and shovels etc. On locomotives they are changing oil after 3600 hours when it is still OK and on other engines they are changing after 1500 hours and more, mainly because of fuel dilution due to injector problem.

Cummins people came and threatened them about the possible damage to their engines, but they ignored. They opened many engines after 25000 hours without any symptom of sickness only as a precautionery measure, instead of normal 15000 hours for major overhauling and were surprised to see the good condition of many critical parts, looking almost new. Moreover if the Klarol Oil Purifier would not have been working as per its claim, the Loco department of Tisco, Jamshedpur would have been converted into a graveyard of 116 engines, a couple of years ago itself.

People may propagate many theories,may not believe and ask to conduct many advanced tests, but here is an example from practical field; not a freak case of one or two engines, but of a very large fleet.

You are right that the life of oil may be extended to infinity if it is kept superclean, water below 100ppm,TBN , Flash point and other parameters within allowable limits.It works even on small engines fitted on trucks and buses, sump capacity 18 to 20 litres. We could run a bus with this purifier for 1,20,000 Km without changing lube oil.

If anybody in India wants its demonstration I may be contacted at minimac@rediffmail.com , yes, only if you are open and bold and your decision will not be changed by people of OEM and Oil Cos.
Last edited by prabhakaragrawal