Skip to main content

Reply to "No more change of engine oil"

Prabhakar,

It is fair to compare an apple to an apple. In my framework I am referring to the worst condition of use:
a) Running continuously 24 hrs a day and at least 6 to 9 months a year. Stopping only for maintenance.
b) Diesel led Mini Power Plant (say 10 to 15 MW)
c) Low Torque 1000 to 1500 RPM engines (slow speed engines).

On the other hand you are referring to “stop-and-go-operations” or running for limited periods.
1. The example you have given pertain to high torque engines (Dumper/Dozers) and off the road equipment and limited to a location Ranchi.
2. The use of the term "Super clean" is synonymous to Aeronautics (NAS 1638, Jan 1965) and till 2003, widely used for special Hydraulic and Turbine oils. For your information oils filled in Steel barrel can normally permit cleanliness between NAS 9 to 12. Products meeting NAS 8 and upward needed to be filled in special epi-coated steel barrels or plastic barrels only. In actual applications, the oil passes through "servo valves" which have clearances of below a micron.
3. Please note the term "Super clean" is generally not used for Engine oils by any Lubricant manufacturer anywhere in the world. This must hold, some significance.

Finally, please note I would like to use the forum to "share experiences", and "suggest solutions". I would not like the forum to be used to peddle products.

Prabhakar, please do participate in the forum sharing developments in the field and experiences. There is a lot, for all of us to learn from each other.

Hussam Adeni