Skip to main content

Reply to "No more change of engine oil"

Dear Friends,
It's an interesting debate initiated by Prabhakar, and I personnaly feel that this is the Best forum to discuss this issue.
I would also like to share my experience of extended drain intervals of engine oil.
Very similar type of filter of centrifugal type is nowadays installed in no. of high speed engines in heavy earth moving equipment engines and fleets also and performing well with increased drain interval BY 150-200 hrs with no adverse effect on Engine. In my knowledge there are hardly few manufacturer's of this type of centrifugal oil systems in India.
Further, I feel we should concentrate on basic issue raised by Mr. Prabhakar, and i.e if all oil parameters are under control, wear analysis is O.K, and at last Engines are in good condition, practically pl. let me know what parameter/property is to be checked out for determination of oil condition.
Even, nowadays there are few Engine Oil from Group III base oil, parameters of these Engine oil are similar to Fresh oil even after 2-3 times life.Reasons low sulpher content less than .03% and made from ultimate pure base oil by severe hydrotreating & hydracracking process.
I feel if we are able to save even few litres of oil of any kind, whatsoever % it is contributing to total expense of engine maintenance, I feel it is a great service to mankind in todays age when crude oil prices are touching highest level.

Core of the issue is that if any body can suggest any specific test(other than normal already mentioned) which may prove oil condition is ok or not.

Thanks Husseim and Bala for your active participation and wealth of knowledge, experience & information shared on this forum.
Even I would like to hear from Franky in this particular interesting discussion.

Regards
Dipendra Jha
dctex04@indiatimes.com