Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Decision Time."

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
6000 miles and a qt of oil is needed, come on guys lets get real. That is not oil burning.

With all the positive press 3 people are giving Synlube, only two of them are using it. One of them owns the company. The other a shill. How come no one else is stepping up to the plate? Probably because most people reading about it realize what it's all about.

AD

Why doesn't inhaliburton step up to the plate???????

Yep. it's far from oil burning. Especially when you consider what BKL pointed out. Which I'll post again since they *still* don't get it:

*****Originally posted by BKL98MK8LSC:
BMW uses low tension piston ring sets on purpose. They provide less parasitic drag on the cylinder walls and superior cylinder lubrication at high RPM high load. Small and large high specific output engines from many brands use this strategy. Not a problem. They are designed this way for A reason. Its not the oils fault they chose this engineering compromise.*****

The problem these three have is that no one, either here or at bitog, is jumping on their bandwagon.

Still a mystery why one of the fans fears to use it. Or why the other two don't go after him.

Only someone who knows nothing about BMWs, or cars in general, would find 1qt/6k a problem.
A few years ago: http://www.pistonslap.com/tsb/010601011A.pdf

The accepted rate of oil consumption for engines used in the vehicles referenced is 0.946
liter (1 qt) in 3200 km (2000 mi). This rate only applies to personal use vehicles, under
warranty, maintained in accordance with the appropriate maintenance schedule, with less
than 58,000 km (36,000 mi), or 80,450 km (50,000 mi) for Cadillac, driven at legal
speeds in an unloaded (for trucks) condition.

Oops, they've been skunked again.

They probably feel the same way about Mazda's rotary engine as well.

A sure fire sign you're burning oil is the cloud of blue smoke. Don't have that.

I should also point out that none of my three fans stuck their beaks in this thread until *after* I chose the oil. Very telling.
Last edited by trajan