Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Decision Time."

quote:
The coil was intermittent and the associated plug wire had a boot issue that compounded the miss. I noticed it as a very intermittent miss under moderate load change a year or more ago. It had gotten to be an actual PIA about a month or two ago. The check engine light hadn't yet come on when I went through inspection, so I passed.

If the misfire was not detected by the OBD II and the check engine light is not ON permanently and FLASHING when it is happening, complain to EPA and that is FREE FIX for you (irrespective of the mileage - as that is SYSTEM OBD II failure and the OEM is now subject to $25,000 fine for EVERY VERHICLE THEY SOLD IN USA that as the same "characteristics".

Document what you claim, send it to EPA registered mail and you will be rolling in money soon - alternately contact the MFG and ask to talk to "certification Engineer for EPA maters".

And tell then you will complain if they do not fix your car NOW and FREE of any charge.

While there is a limit on EMISSION PERFOMENCE DUARBLITY (for the useful life of the car) there is no limit on OBD II functionality and it is a very very serious matter - at a minimum a $90 million fine if they sold any more vehicles than the one you have, whatever that is (tried to look back on this another endless thread and could not find any reference to MAKE MODEL or MY.