Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Decision Time."

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:WORN OUT!!

I am not standing in the... 'worn-out-engine-line' at the dealer!!

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY EXACTLY,AD??

I'll try again Kirk since it seems you aren't grasping what I'm trying to say. A person buys a new car, any brand. He drives 1500 miles and uses a qt of oil. He brings it to the dealer and they check for leaks, NO LEAKS. They tell the person it is normal to use up to a qt of oil per 1000 miles. Simple enough.

It has nothing to do with Synlube or how great you and your cars are. It is a blanket excuse dealers use for oil consumption issues. I can't explain it any other way. Maybe someone else can!

BTW I'm not one of those people with worn out engines, and I don't use Synlube! Smile
AD

PS I'd take Lamont's experiences and word over yours any day of the week! You aren't gaining points here or building any respect. You are entertaining though!

Your point,Ad, really has no real relevance on this thread since most oil burners have some wear/sludge issues that have developed long after the break-in period. Most engines,once the rings seat, don't burn any significant oil until significant damage/wear/sludge has occurred many,many miles later-----using low grade, overworked/oxidized lubricant!!!

The so-called blanket statement you're referencing alludes to factory 'lemons' assuming the car never stops burning a quart/1000 miles of driving-----that is another issue altogether,and yes- it could apply to a much older high mileage engine---we know that,old news!!

The whole point of any oil thread,not-withstanding a defective engine.....is to preserve the 'like new' qualities of a sound engine for as long as possible. That is always the point in any oil forum,and my point as well----- So,AD,again...........WHAT WAS YOUR POINT?? That there are defective engines out there?--Really! WHO KNEW!!! Yes,deales/mfg's have a CYA clause that allows for a poor engine spec/flaw/whatever- to be "acceptable" when and where needed,so as to avoid billions in monetary losses over replacement engines. Gee,who woulda thunk they'd do that!
-----------------

AD QUOTED:
PS I'd take Lamont's experiences and word over yours any day of the week! You aren't gaining points here or building any respect. You are entertaining though![/QUOTE]

Really,AD?---ENLIGHTEN ME!---- SO FAR,LAMONT HAS NOT! What has he taught you to date...you didn't already know?? Let's see,so far Lamont has said that catalytic converters are irrelevant(In NJ)!!! I never knew that(still don't)--did you??