Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Decision Time."

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:

Come on AD,that's Lamont's catch-phrase(grocer-getter)..so I used his catch phrase,big deal!!

You are correct----I run synlube in everything I own.......and none of them are beaters. If I had purchased a used beater just for fun to drive on the beach or something.....that would be a different story!

However,I really don't care about anyone as you say---"begging to differ" ---I go by the facts,science,and history and I have found that the 'crowd' is usually wrong much of the time. All those sludged up engines prove my point--------they(the crowd) were mostly running dino oil.

I hate to say this AD---but,what was your point--again!! I know I made mine..... loud and clear! I gave tons of links providing tons of proof.

If you don't agree.......then you are denying the facts,science,and history!

You may state that you won't change your ways,however-----I on the other hand,unlike you---look forward to new and better things. Synlube was just one of them!! No big deal---at least not for me! For you,that's another story!

I go by facts and science. In my GF's Jeep I'm running Edge 0W20 and a Mobil 1 filter. A good Synthetic, using newer technology, Liquid titanium. Edge 0w20 is the only oil in the Edge line up using it IIRC. I'd have no problems running RL, PU, PP in it either. In my older Ford I run Penn YB dino.

Dino doesn't sludge engines, poor maint and poor design sludge engines. What oil do I prefer? Synthetic oil, because IMO it has advantages over dino, that is in an application worth using it in. That is how I've been taught, and how I've always felt.

There are probably millions if not over a billion cars in the world running problem free using dino oil. You make it sound that anyone using dino oil is driving an oil burning sludge monster, and that isn't so.

Trajan brings out a good point, from one of your links. Proper viscosity is very important to an engines well being. Very few newer cars call for a 50 grade oil.

AD