Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Decision Time."

What I find odd about some people and new cars under warranty is this. Because of fear and doubt, they stick with mfg approved oil, follow the book, then when the warranty is up they switch to "The Best Oil". Many times it is a non-approved oil not meeting mfg specs and certifications. I laugh because if I had a new car I'd want the so called "The Best Oil" in that engine first chance I got. Only in my case the best oil IMO meets the mfg specs, so no worries here.

The whole argument makes no sense, if someone is so confident in a product GO FOR IT in the beginning. Besides the oil mfg has your back, maybe that is. Or is that possible fear of having an oil related problem and possible a fight what holds them back because it is not approved oil? I think so, for those people maybe "The Best Oil" isn't really the best after all? LOL

No names mentioned here just general observations. I was talking to some Shipmates about this and a few that are car guys mentioned this, and I see the same logic on message boards. Confusing to me!

AD