Skip to main content

Reply to "Oil Switch"

quote:
Originally posted by firewomann:
I bought a used (15K) Subaru and it's time for the oil change. I want to switch from the Goodwrench oil that's in it to a synthetic (recommendations welcome) but need to know if there's something I need to do first, or need to know about this. It is possible, right?
Thanks.

Firewommann, I would try a mixure of reg petro and synthetic. 4 years ago I had the same question and luckily my prayers were answered. Conklin (www.conklin.com) Convoy oils are in my opnion and tested the best oil on the market. More interested in selling proven products that save the customer money, Conklin's parasynthetic oils are perfect to save you money at the gas tank (with avergaes around 1.65 a gal) and to increase your horsepower. Heck, they even sell gum out products that WORK. Synthetics (pure) can cause oil leaks and malfunctioning of your engine. A blend is better to help reduce wear on your engine (engine life) and to extend your oil life. Visit the site and believe the hype (plus all oils are approved API's latest specifications)!