Skip to main content

Reply to "Schaeffer Oil"

Schaeffer's has a $1,000,000 per occurance product liability insurance policy backed by a full written warranty. I am willing to provide those documents to any of my clients with whom I have personal contact.

The API Donut is typically on the back label. This is a common industry practice. If you require verification I urge you to find a Houston area retailer. I'm happy to provide you a 10% discount so you can buy a case on-line.

Schaeffer's Oil already exceeds Dexos specifications and has for many years. As for listing "Dexos" on the label and paying royalties to GM for an oil we've been making for nearly 50 years, I don't have an answer. That will be a corporate decision if GM is allowed to continue with those plans. However, A number of manufacturers and associations has GM tied up with litigation over those requirements. Schaeffer intends to stay neutral and allow those proceedings to advance.

Schaeffer's is a 172 year old, ISO 9001:2008 certified company. It is not possible for them to have been in business that long, obtain an internationally recognized manufacturing certification without solid business practices and meeting appropiate licensing requirements. Schaeffer's integrity is in tact.

Amsoil restricts information to its dealers, let alone competitors. I am not compelled to provide documentation to an Amsoil Dealer. Instead, I focus on the excellent performance and cost effectiveness of my products. I have no fear of my competitors therefore, no reason to attack them.

Thanks for the opportunity to showcase Schaeffer Specialized Lubricants.