Skip to main content

Reply to "Schaeffer Oil"

Because it allows competitors to put out misinformation and makes it easier to impeach them. Most people I've worked with are not concerned with the oil warranty, just their equipment warranties. I carry copies of all that documentation with me as do most Schaeffer Reps.

API received all the required documents more than 6 weeks ago, well before the expiration date. Maybe they're behind on updating their website? Without further investigation, during business hours, all of your questions are pure conjecture. Schaeffer's Chief Chemist has been notified of the web info and will resolve it.

The "Dexos" specs, due to litigation, don't really exist yet. They were suppose to go into effect 2010-2011. Again, due to legal challenges that has been delayed. That is why GM is not collecting royalties yet. Proof that Schaeffer oils exceed Dexos spec's are on the TD Sheets, if in fact you know what those spec's are going to be. I noticed you didn't mention Dexos II.

Restricted information: Amsoil is a great product, got nothing bad to say about it. You clearly were not aware of the GM-Dexos situation. I've talked to many Amsoil dist and have basis for my comment.

An open forum is not an appropiate place for chest pounding. This point-counter point approach is better suited in a different venue. I'm trying to set a couple of appointments in the Houston area. If I am able to do that, I'm happy to buy you lunch and we can continue this debate.