Skip to main content

Reply to "Schaeffer Oil"

quote:
Originally posted by JMorgan:

API received all the required documents more than 6 weeks ago, well before the expiration date. Maybe they're behind on updating their website? Without further investigation, during business hours, all of your questions are pure conjecture. Schaeffer's Chief Chemist has been notified of the web info and will resolve it.
So are you saying you haven't received information yet from API saying it is currently API SN Certified? If so, then it likely isn't certified yet? But it likely meets API SN. So have any bottles been packaged with the API SN donut after it expired and before it has been currently certified?

quote:
Originally posted by JMorgan:The "Dexos" specs, due to litigation, don't really exist yet. They were suppose to go into effect 2010-2011. Again, due to legal challenges that has been delayed. That is why GM is not collecting royalties yet. Proof that Schaeffer oils exceed Dexos spec's are on the TD Sheets, if in fact you know what those spec's are going to be. I noticed you didn't mention Dexos II.
So if the Dexos specs don't exist yet, how do you know Schaeffer meets them? GM's 2011 owners manual recommends that oil labels say they meet Dexos 1 and many oil companies already say that.

quote:
Originally posted by JMorgan:Restricted information: Amsoil is a great product, got nothing bad to say about it. You clearly were not aware of the GM-Dexos situation. I've talked to many Amsoil dist and have basis for my comment.
I did a search on "Dexos1" on AMSOIL's site and found 19 documents. I found no documents on the Schaeffer site. Lubrizol works closely with AMSOIL on the Dexos1 specs and formulations and has info on their site. I am well versed in Dexos1.

quote:
Originally posted by JMorgan:An open forum is not an appropiate place for chest pounding. This point-counter point approach is better suited in a different venue. I'm trying to set a couple of appointments in the Houston area. If I am able to do that, I'm happy to buy you lunch and we can continue this debate.
No chest pounding here. You asked what we thought of Schaeffer's and I gave my opinion and asked questions. I'll be glad to meet with you anytime. Thank you for your generous offer.
Last edited by timvipond