Skip to main content

Reply to "Schaeffer Oil"

I found this rather interesting!

quote:
Originally posted by bmwtechguy:
Getting back to your original question, I have used Schaeffer products and have been impressed. I turned a friend on to 7000 15W-40 syn blend who was concerned about leaks in his high mileage Powerstroke 7.3, and he was very pleased with the performance. He mentioned several things that I knew he would notice, easier cold starts, better fuel economy, and no leaks. He switched from conventional 15W-40 LE product. He had finally finished up a drum he had purchased years ago. He was happy with the price I was able to get him for several gallon cases with free shipping. Also, he mentioned that his Amish-Mennonite father had used Schaeffer oil years ago in PA on the farm (with good results), so the name was not foreign to him. I have had very good results with Schaeffer oils, Penetro, Moly 132, Neutra, 5W-40, 5W-20, Diesel Treat,7000 15W-40, Racing 7000 20W-50, 5W-50, and the list goes on. No disappointments. I am of the opinion that Schaeffer products are one the the best kept secrets in lubrication. I also like the no-hype approach. Their products always deliver.

Re: Lubrication Engineers 5w30 vs. Others???? [Re: Johnny]
bmwtechguy

Loc: South Carolina I know a local Amish-Mennonite guy here who was using LE HDEO in his 97 Powerstroke and farm equipment. Not sure which product number, but I know it was 15W-40 conventional, and this was 5 years ago. By the time it came to buying some more LE, he found his distributor here had decided to get out of the busines and he had referred him to me. I hooked him up with some Schaeffers 7000 15W-40 Synthetic Plus blend and he reported back later that his truck had picked up 1 or 2 miles per gallon consistently and that his engine started more easily in cold weather. The Schaeffers cost him less and seemed to perform better in this case.

I have never personally used any LE products, but have always read good things about them.

You must get tired of telling that story.