Skip to main content

Reply to "Schaeffer Oil"

Tim...Brother...Why are you so aggressive? Please tell me you don't overwhelm your clients with so much information they have trouble processing it. It took me a few readings to work through your post.

First of all anyone who extends drain intervals beyond double without UOA is foolish. How much are your UOA's? Last I heard it was $25.00 per sample but thats been awhile back. Since part of extended drain intervals is trend analysis, it's gonna take at least 3 and probably more to establish trends. Add $75.00 to your Amsoil calculations.

Secondly, doesn't Amsoil require (for extended DI's) Amsoil filters? Is there an Amsoil bypass system to be purchased? My information comes from former Amsoil customers, they may be confused how the system is suppose to work. If filters are required, you'll need to add those costs to your calculations.

Third, Noone, let me reiterate, NOONE I work with pays the price you used for your comparison. Even my clients who buy from the internet get a 10% discount. Reduce your Schaeffer calculations to $81.65(10% discount off the internet price). I only have a few out of state clients who occasionally buy a single case item off the internet. Aside from those occassional purchases, all my clients pay wholesale pricing without having to pay membership or administrative fees.

Fourth, The Supreme 9000 is our full synthetic line. Unless my clients insist on full synthetic, operate in extreme cold temps in the north or have OEM requirements, I rarely recommend the Supreme 9000. With the way our synthetic blend is constructed, it is capable of the extended drains and extreme protection of the Supreme 9000. However, we should keep this comparison apples to apples.

Finally, My target client base is business. Schaeffer gives significant bulk discounts. The cost per gallon in barrels is less than cost per gallon in cases of quarts. Additionally, with a small minimum of $350, Schaeffer pays all shipping and handling. More over, I have multiple clients who take advantage of 3% below wholesale as a qualifying discount. Schaeffer converts report an increase in fuel mileage even over Amsoil. Schaeffer's average fuel mileage increase is over 5%. The customers switching from Amsoil that I've talked to say they achieved between 2% and 3%.

Amsoil has name recognition and a broader product line. The performance characteristics are similar. Take all things into consideration the cost advantage belongs to Schaeffer.

I would prefer to avoid the aggressive point counter-point tactic you resorted to previously. I was hoping to establish some periameters before diving into this comparison but your like a dang pit bull. Your obviously very successfull with Amsoil and I'm happy for you. I think I've established I'm fairly successfull as well. I chose not to participate any further for fear of alienating the readers. As I said before its clear many here believe salespeople are a nuisance. Lets not prove them right.