Skip to main content

Reply to "Supertech synthetic oil from Walmart"

quote:
Originally posted by John Micetic:
Nothing can turn me off of a product or a service more than dealers with arrogant attitude can do. That is probably the main reason why I prefer to shop for oil at places where I can examine and compare data printed on the side of bottles from different manufacturers before I decide which one to buy.

Well, I have been staying out of this debate but this statement alone is forcing me to reply. Do you get different oil bottles then everyone else? What is this magic data you speak of? Last time I checked a oil bottle it had no "data" on it, only spec numbers. If you really want to compare lubricants then speaking with a salesman in person is the only way to go. They can provide you with hard data in writing about all the test that the lubricant has gone through and what the test results are. I know when I speak with a potential lubricant's customer that's what I do. Show them the test results compared to all other major manufacturers and then let the customer decide. I let the "data" speak for itself.

quote:
Avon-type resale of goods simply doesn’t interest me. We live in capitalism, which means growth, quality, expanding markets, and profits. Therefore, IMO, statements implying that a company doesn’t want to expand its market because of its steadfast loyalty to its small business dealers is a hogwash.

So, that must mean tools like Snap On, Mac and Matco are no good either, right? If you really think about it the "best" products are never available in the chain stores. Cars, furniture, electronics, lubricants, food, etc... To get the best there is you get them through a salesman and not at some chain store junk seller. As far as growth goes I can't think of one specialty lubricant manufacturer that doesn't think about growth and profit. They are no different than anyone else. The only real difference with any specialty manufacturer is that they market differently than regular run of the mill manufacturers do. As for quality I don't think you will find any better quality then you will from specialty lubricant manufacturers. Unlike large corporations they actually take pride in what they make.