Skip to main content

Reply to "Supertech synthetic oil from Walmart"

kelly,

Your latest analogy is awesome. However, there is one huge difference. You don’t throw away your gold ring or necklace after wearing them for a year or so…. As far as Amsoil oil, I might be mistaken, but after looking at their products spec sheets I was not able to find out what type of base oil they use for blending their “synthetic” oil. Just noting “full sinthetic” doesn’t cut it. If it is PAO, then let see it on labels. Disguising this info could not be justified by any “proprietary” reasons. I can understand they don’t want to publish additives composition and their amount and balance. Also, what the statement “The first in synthetics” refers to, to today’s products or to the past? If it refers to them as being first to get involved with synthetics in the past, it doesn’t mean much to me, because I can name many US companies who broke ground in many fields, including electronics, and auto-moto fields, but their products today are inferior to the same or similar products manufactured in Japan or Europe or Korea.