Skip to main content

Reply to "Synergyn Motor Oil"

quote:
Originally posted by Dad2leia:

Do you have any experience with their 0w20 stuff?

I have some racing engine experience with the 20wt and as good as that oil is , I still use the 30wts for everyday usage . Even in the engines that call for 5w-20's the 30wts are a better choice for me and my needs .

Also, by chance have you done a UOA on their product, just to see the ingredient base that's left after having run it a while? .

Yes , many in fact . Give me your email adress and I'll forward a few to you . I do not believe in making my analysis's available to certain data bases anylonger.

I also try not to put dollar signs to the quality of oil that I use in my vehicle either. My wife thinks that I'm quite obsessed with this lubrication thing. She is all of the time telling me to just pick something and use it, be happy, and quit searching for something new. I just can't help myself, though.

I have seen similar time after time on the net . Once a person gets a better hold on oils and formulas they settle in with what they have learned and stick with one oil and then have more time to worry about football , racing and bikini trends Wink

So, my last query, what in this oil makes it the cat's meow for you?

The base oils used , their synergystic approach and the proprietory Synergyn used . I like buying from smaller independent companies and with this oil I get all my needs in one phone call for 5.20 or so per quart. I am not the type to worry over a few PPM of wear metals but I have proven to myself that Synergyn lowers most wear metals by 50% vs Mobil SS and all but eliminated lead and nickel . Noise does factor into analysis