Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

No one is going to be able to prove your view "wrong". I have long known that such efforts are doomed to failure.

I have stated the reasons, verified in my own experience, that I believe recommend the product. From here on, your decision is whether you're going to take a reasonable risk as I did and try something new. I cannot imagine you will be disappointed but that's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

Ask yourself something. Did you require the same amount of "proof" for the oil that you're using now? Why do you think the oil guys have marketing departments? The principle reason is to handhold a customer through the decision process that leads to them making a sale. SynLube doesn't have that and probably never will. They are willing to let the oil's performance speak for itself.

If you have a specific question, maybe I can answer it. I will be glad to try though I'll tell you that I'm no expert. I just learned enough to give me sufficient confidence to proceed with my purchase.

Of course if you e-mail SynLube with some questions, Miro Kefurt will give you a no-BS answer. Be aware that he gets quite a few "cross-examination/flame" letters so he's ready to respond in kind but for sincere questions he's always been very good.

BTW, I am familiar with Dan Kaufman. He and I participated on the MyFordFocus board and he was always very knowledgeable about oil, much more so than I. To my knowledge though, and this may be dated information, he did not investigate SynLube.