Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

I think Synlube's market is not geeks that lurk around these web sites. I think they have matched their production (small) to a market that is willing to pay (small) for such a product. The unit cost is high and that's part of the pitch. Wouldn't you pay more for a product that does what Synlube claims? Evidently there is enough response to support a business. The oil may be very good, but they are sure keeping us (geeks) from finding out. The minimum to get started would be one voa and two or three uoa's each, on different vehicles. If we are not hearing anything it's just because we are not the focus of any of Synlube's marketing. If our small slice of the market is missed it will be no great loss to Synlube. The geek market is probably too much work or Synlube is not up to it, after all.

There is a solution. Start a fund, pick someone with a near new car that coummutes a lot and go after it. But that would take some work and maybe the question of hype or not just isn't worrth the effort.

To do it right would take a couple of hundred dollars for oil and a couple of hundred dollars for analysis. Start with the oil, a voa and a uoa every 5k miles and publish the results. And we need someone that drives a lot with that near new car. This thread is at 11 pages, maybe that's an indicator of the interest and a possibility to generate a test fund. I'm in for $20.00US, how 'bout you?