Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

Honestly, I've never seen a group of people who are more intent on missing the point of a bit of common sense.

Chumley, you really do need to read my posts over again. You've completely misinterpreted my comments. The only person, INHALIBURTON, that did understood what's going on. Please, please read the posts!

For the last time: I have sent a sample of oil into SynLube. That was about a week ago. When I get the results I will post them. IF THE RESULTS ARE GOOD, then I will send a sample to Dyson for their analysis and post them.

Again, if I can't get a good report out of SynLube, the company that makes the stuff and would be expected by people here to give a good report (and therefore would not be trusted), what chance do I have of getting a good report out of an independent source? I am not going to waste $40 if SynLube itself won't tell me the oil is holding up. If SynLube itself tells me that the oil is NOT working, everyone will believe it, it's only if SynLube gives me a great report that I'm going to have to send the oil to Dyson so people will give the oil the credit it deserves.

Finally, the point that was made about not having the money to buy SynLube after purchasing a new vehicle is unpersuasive as well. That's exactly what I did. I changed the oil in the engine, the transmission, differential, transfer case, front axle and power steering. No, it's not cheap but when it comes to ROI, that's when the return is highest when you can eliminate the dino oil before it has deteriorated and leaves deposits behind for SynLube to deal with. As of 16.5K miles w/SynLube, my truck has consumed 4 oz. of oil. By any system of measurement, that's an impressive stat.
Last edited by houckster