Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

Thanks for your comments DAD2LEIA. It seems hard, however, to conclude that he isn't writing SynLube off with the comment ". . . to explain away lousy wear rates by saying they use FE in the formula." seems pretty negative to me.

Also, unless the vehicle you are thinking of uses considerably more than 5 quarts of oil, you really won't be spending $300 to get started. My startup cost was less than $200 and that included a quart of Service Fill ($40) instead of Add Oil because I knew my oil consumption would be very low. To date, I've only used about 8 ounces of the Service Fill (4 oz. to replace oil consumption loss and another 4 oz. to replace oil used for samples). The thing to consider is the per mile cost. Dino oil, assuming a 3K OCI and a $25 charge at a quick lube place costs about .8 cents per mile. In contrast, with an initial outlay of $195.50 for SynLube (5 quarts Initial Fill + 1 quart Service Fill + 1 oil filter and magnets), my per mile costs will be equal to that of dino oil by about 23.5K miles. After that, the next 75K miles except for occasional filter changes is free. In addition there is the better condition of the engine, all the time not lost waiting to have an oil change done and the significantly reduced pollution caused by all the waste oil normally generated during a vehicle's life.

With regard to Chumley's comments . . .

First I simply don't believe he has read all the posts I've made about SynLube and he misinterprets my purpose. If he had read my posts he would have seen that I have specifically stated that I derive no income whatsoever from SynLube sales. If everyone one this board suddenly bought SynLube, I wouldn't get one cent. My sole purpose has been to discuss a product that is significantly different from any other competing product on the market and to have people here properly understand what it does. After that, it's for everyone to decide whether SynLube fits into their plans or not.

Secondly, Chumley states that I have not made a persuasive argument in SynLube's favor. If Chumley or anyone else finds the comments I've made to be unconvincing or unclear, then it is up to them to state clearly and without sarcasm why they find fault with what I've written. I can respond to that though perusing the comments on the SynLube website would go far in clearing up a lot of the skepticism and misunderstanding. Frankly, some of my comments have specifically been calculated to discourage negative participation.

Finally, as this post was being composed, BRUCE381 weighed in with some clarifying comments which allowed me to see more clearly what he was trying to say. Frankly, I don't have any idea whether sending an unused sample of SynLube into Dyson would provide the information he would like to have but as I pointed out above, if the results from SynLube indicate a positive result, a sample of unused oil as well as the used oil will be sent in to Dyson.

My final point to BRUCE381 is that because SynLube is so unconventional, his personal experience may make it more difficult, not less, to understand the merits of the product. Since he states he is a CLS, then I think the SynLube website along with a note to Miro Kefurt for clarifying comments would be especially valuable.
Last edited by houckster