Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

Ok Chumley, my feelings are this: If you could care less about this particular product/lubricant/technological breakthrough/b.s. or whatever catagorical metaphor that you would prefer to attach to it, then why are you defending your standpoint of chemistry mastery as agressively as you are?

I am NOT a tribologist, chemist, engineer, or blender of any lubricant product. I would like to think of myself as a overly-educated average consumer, that has a desire to learn more, but am NOT in the field itself, nor do I have the resources at hand to obtain that PhD degree that you seem to put so much emphasis on having.

I went to college, took some classes, decided to work for a while, went back to Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts and received my Associates in Culinary Arts. Someday, maybe, once my family is fully grown and provided for, I might go back for my Masters. I used to tinker with cars in my earlier days, and became very interested in engines from a very young age.

I only started to scratch the surface of just how much knowledge, technology, additives, and chemical compounds go into a superior quality lubricant just recently, hence why I started to ask questions. Lots and lots of them. Sometimes they were answered, sometimes not, and sometimes I received too much information, meaning chemical terminologies and formulaes that I couldn't quite grasp at the time I was given them.

I'm no expert, I don't expect a "free lunch" buffet with all you can absorb oil appetizers. I just want to learn more than I know, be it by internet, library, research projects, or just asking questions of people that are willing to share there "hard earned and paid for" educations to someone who, maybe, just can't go and spend 20 years to go and learn it somewhere for an excessive amount of capital.

Now, why do I follow this topic? As I have asked in my past posts, and along with a very curious few other fellow members, I am curious about this product and wanted some data to prove that it may in fact be a terrific lubricant and worth the price of admission to the dance. Nothing more, no sales pitch, no hype, just information.

I guess that is just too much information, and I qualify as a fly on the wall...