Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

Motorbike:
quote:
there's no doubt in my view that fuel mileage could be bettered .
The EPA estimate for my truck is 15 MPG for the type of mileage that I drive about 85% of the time. I find it hard to believe that I could improve much more than the 20.4 MPG I'm getting now.
Motorbike:
quote:
I firmly beleive the Fe will continue to elevate but at an accelerated rate because of it.
It would be beneficial to read the SynLube Services pages, you will see that high FE readings are due to the sacrificial FE additives. It is a mistake to judge the readings obtained from a sample of SynLube based on those obtained by conventional lubricants. I will not have any problems this winter with SynLube, nor have I had any during the previous four winters that I have used it. The engine starts right up and idles smoothly. While winters in Georgia are not akin to those of the northern states, we do have our cold snaps and I've had no problems during these periods.

Finally, the oil tested was SynLube 5W50 that was installed at 782 miles replacing the factory fill 5W30. BTW, the 5W30 is not a break-in oil. It was the oil that Ford recommends for the life of the vehicle. Most cars don't come with break-in oils any more.

With regard to TBN, SynLube states that the TBN is not important for engines using unleaded gasoline. SynLube can supply an additive to increase the TBN for those who wish it.
Last edited by houckster