Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

Unless everything is done correctly, TATERSANDNOODLES, they are worthless. If the equipment is properly calibrated, the technician is properly trained, the proper procedures are followed, AND the technician knows something about what he/she's testing, then you can get some reliable results but you WILL NOT get a reliable result for $20. AND you will not be able to apply dino standards to SynLube because SynLube is not a petroleum product.

The bottom line is that I have absolutely no incentive to do UOAs for people.

When someone says to me that "I'll have to see several UOAs before I think SynLube is anything different than snake oil, I have to wonder just what the point of such a comment is. From a profit standpoint, I don't care if anyone buys SynLube, I'm not selling it. If someone dismisses SynLube, that is their decision and they will pay for it through higher maintenance costs and time spent on that maintenance. Some have told me that oil changes are how they keep in touch with their vehicle. OK, I can understand that but a wax job is what works for me.

I did the best test possible, I asked Miro tough questions and I was impressed with his frank answers. Then I risked thousands of dollars in repairs to see if SynLube worked. It does.

Tell me who else is getting the results I am after using their oil 37K miles over 3.75 years with almost no oil consumption and gas mileage substantially above the old EPA system estimate. And compared to dino oil, I'm saving money. I broke even at 23,600 miles and that includes the cost for the extra quart of Service Fill I purchased which is almost unused.

Just as important for me as the freedom from oil changes without compromising the engine is the reduced environmental impact of my vehicle. During the lifespan of my Ranger, it would normally create hundreds of quarts of used dino oil that's considered a toxic substance.

The reality is that SynLube is not a magical product. It is simply one that takes advantage of currently available technology. Any of the oil marketers could pay to develop a formula with approximately equal properties and sell it within a year or so.

So what's the problem? Why don't they? Here are some of the reasons: 1) They would eventually have to admit that they could have sold this stuff all along but lied to us for the sake of profit; 2) Retail outlets don't sell things that don't generate floor traffic; 3) It is more profitable to sell an adequate product frequently than an excellent product once.

In conclusion: I have stated my experiences. All I can do is assure you I have accurately stated my true experience with this product. I can, with a clear conscience, assure people that the product is worth investigating. After, that, you're on your own, just like I was, when I started out.

One final point. I have talked about SynLube for several years now. Though I can count on one hand the number of people who I know have tried SynLube on my recommendation, I have never heard anyone say that I gave them a bum steer.
Last edited by houckster