Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

quote:
Originally posted by vitual_mage:
Big bear you got a point,in my application,they recommended 5w20 since i see deep cold during the winter,-50 Celsius in not uncommon here .Im not brand loyal when it come to oil,if anyone could give me some lube with a better pour point i would jump on it.

Ford is a very popular brand here for fleet vehicle,just the site where i work own over 300 F150 and they doing extremely long oci.These truck are kept in the worst condition ,dirt road,low speed limit between 30 and 50 kmh ,they are mostly run 24/24 7 day a week and the driver beat these like they stole them.Still they survive,im yet to see a dead engine.These truck are kept for 3 year then sold,most of them are over 100k,wont say in the best shape...still they are working ,my point? ANY engine can last that long without heavy maintenance these day,will last 3 time longer if the maintenance is done properly .Why Miro is so afraid of any vehicle over 100k?

Even amsoil addresses the 5w-20 as not being needed and too thin!! Go Check it out. I guess they are wrong as well according to all the "experts" on this forum!!