Skip to main content

Reply to "Synlube"

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Originally posted by vitual_mage:
Big bear you got a point,in my application,they recommended 5w20 since i see deep cold during the winter,-50 Celsius in not uncommon here .Im not brand loyal when it come to oil,if anyone could give me some lube with a better pour point i would jump on it.

Ford is a very popular brand here for fleet vehicle,just the site where i work own over 300 F150 and they doing extremely long oci.These truck are kept in the worst condition ,dirt road,low speed limit between 30 and 50 kmh ,they are mostly run 24/24 7 day a week and the driver beat these like they stole them.Still they survive,im yet to see a dead engine.These truck are kept for 3 year then sold,most of them are over 100k,wont say in the best shape...still they are working ,my point? ANY engine can last that long without heavy maintenance these day,will last 3 time longer if the maintenance is done properly .Why Miro is so afraid of any vehicle over 100k?

Even amsoil addresses the 5w-20 as not being needed and too thin!! Go Check it out. I guess they are wrong as well according to all the "experts" on this forum!!

Applications
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for Honda, Acura, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota, Ford and all other applications where SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 is required with the following specifications:

•API SM/CF, SL, SJ. . .
•ILSAC GF-4, 3. . .
•ACEA A1/B1
•Ford WSS-M2C930-A
•Chrysler MS-6395N

If Amsoil is saying 5W-20 is too thin, then why do they have a 0W-20 Motor Oil.

I bet if you put this Synlube in a car calling for a 5W-20 and there was some kind of engine problem and they found out you used 5W-50 they would probably void the warranty.

If someone using Synlube has a problem, will Miro pay to have the engine fixed, I doubt it, use Synlube at your own risk.

I am certainly not going to listen to someone associated with Synlube about what viscosity of oil to put in my vehicle, and that goes for Amsoil too, I will go buy my owner's manual, and if anyone's owner's manual says it is o.k. to use a 5W-50 motor oil, then maybe consider Synlube, but since no automobile manufacturer recommends a 5W-50 motor oil or changing your oil every 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think most people will pass.

I read this whole thread last nite and I got a HEADACHE, if I put Synlube in my engine I am sure 10,000 miles later I would have more than a headache, it would be an expensive headache.

Whatever happened with Synlube sending a used oil sample to Terry Dyson.

If you actually read the amsoil site,then you would know why they have the 5w-20 oil. Amsoil stated it is there for marketing purpose only to please the 5w-20 diehards!! They give all the reasons/science why 5w-20 is not needed,and why the 0w-30 is better,.. then go on and state that they will sell the 5w-20 nevertheless to anyone who wants it regardless.
Last edited by captainkirk