Skip to main content

Reply to "Toyota Engine Oil Sludge/Failure"

Back yard mechanic, your father's story is not unique. I wish I could say it is. I have corresponded with too-many-to-count Toyota/Lexus owners and the stories all reverberate the truth! Toyota has a serious engine oil sludge issue. Period.

Silverfox, if your only defense is to bash the messenger of the unfortunate news, then I personally think that you have no valid rebuttal. I am not concerned one way or the other, though, as the truth speaks much louder than any defamatory posting by you. I'll not waste my time defending the truth; the Toyota engine oil sludge evidence is out there for all to research.

The fact remains that Toyota and Lexus owners who maintain their engines *better than recommended* are still seeing sludge build-up or worse...engine failure. You can claim that it isn't so and you can even claim as "Pilot13" did in the original Edmund's Town Hall posting that Toyota engine oil sludge is a HOAX created by me....but it will not change the FACTS or the history of this very serious vehicle problem.

I neither started the engine oil sludge problem nor will I finish it. Toyota is the one that did the former and will have to do the latter! All I do is chronicle what is happening to the Toyota /Lexus owners as reported to me or posted online. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know why you might not like what is being said even if it is the truth. We do understand that the truth hurts in some cases. So be it.

I am on the side of "Back yard mechanic's" father. I am on the side of the innocent Toyota/Lexus owners who THOUGHT they purchased an iron-clad vehicle but found out otherwise. I am on the side of those who are demanding that they GET what they PAID FOR...a safe, reliable vehicle which holds its resale value over time. I am on the side of those who believe that their new vehicle warranty should be HONORED as written! I am on the side of those who have been treated unfairly by Toyota.

I am NOT on the side of someone protecting an automaker which thinks more about its bottom line than its own customers. I am NOT on the side of someone who is willing to discredit and defame an outspoken auto consumer advocate in order to attempt to prevent the TRUTH from being told. I am NOT on the side of someone who wishes to bash anyone who supports logical thinking in this matter.

The name-calling is not acceptable on this web site. The paranoia is way over the top, too. Am I alone in seeing this?

By the way, I can't be in New York and Virginia at the same time, can I? I work full-time, too, so how can I possibly be "Back yard mechanic?" OTOH, there are a disproportionate number of Toyota engine oil sludge-bashers from Ontario, Canada, INCLUDING "Pilot13"...the original HOAX-story poster!

Food for thought...I've done the research;-)

Charlene Blake
cblake@erols.com
Toyota Owners Unite for Resolution: Engine Oil Sludge
http://www.petitiononline.com/TMC2003/petition.html