Skip to main content

Reply to "Truly which synthetic brand of motor oil is the best?"

KEVIN: With regard to trucking firms, I am not very familiar with their needs and problems so I can't say but SynLube does have trucking customers who apparently find the oil worthwhile. The HSHT of this oil is 5.0cP which is extremely important for truckers since the engine is almost always under heavy load. I understand that engines with SynLube installed when new last over 1,000,000 miles.

With regard to individual users like you and I, the economies of this lubricant are undeniable, even if you do your own oil changes. On one of the previous posts I did provide an example of the savings that SynLube provides and their website also discusses this advantage.

Plug in your costs for the oil you currently use over a 150K mile or ten year period and contrast that with SynLube. You will readily see that you should save at least a couple of hundred dollars. Of course, much more important to me is that I don't have to change the oil and the engine protection, in my opinion, is second to none. No one that I've known to try this oil has been disappointed.

Oil consumption has been on the order of 40-60K miles per quart on the vehicles I've had with SynLube in them.