Skip to main content

Reply to "TÜV-tested additive - looks interesting"

Johnpr3 & Jonny-b; While you got a good laugh out of polytron's video featuring destructive testing I only viewed number results from TUV's pages. How does TUV test for wear? I have a machine similar to the one in our video that I use to seize bearing material with a wide range of engine oils. You would be surprised which engine oils do not stand up to wear criteria.
Actually on a destructive test none of them do. There are some engine oils like Royal Purple that will not seize the race bearing at all but not without substantial damage to the test bearing. I enclose 2 pics of bearings of which the 1st was seized at 450 Inch pounds of torque and the resulting damage. The second picture is the result of adding polytron metal treatment to the same oil as the 1st picture. A force of 1200 inch pounds was applied to the same bearing that was flipped over and did not seize. The test engine oil was Mobil 1 synthetic. The promises of Nanovit & Polytron are similar, achieved in different ways. I have tested other prominent additives. They don't work.