Skip to main content

Reply to "Understanding - emissivity"

I find that the payback of using infrared is very high but in Canada most companies don't even have an infrared camera. Some might use a contactor like us but only once a year on electrical applications only. We do mechanical and process applications but most companies just want us to do electrical enclosures only. I can't believe that the technology that has the greatest return is the one that is least utilized. I have told clients that I would not charge them anything up front but that I would do it for 10% of everything we save them but doing infrared. They all acknowledged that we would make thousands more but they still don't have an infrared program or use infrared.
I have used Snell Infrared, ITC, Academy and Newport Solutions to instruct over 200 of my clients in the last 4 years. We promote infrared all the time but our core business is video inspection and ground penetrating radar.
I hope you use infrared and hopefully listed to what John Snell had to say. People like John have been promoting and selling infrared for years now and yes this is there business but they also have a real passion for what they do.
Good luck