Skip to main content

Reply to "What's the best oil additive on the market?"

Just a little anecdotal input. I emailed Tom Gooch asking about a clue to the chemistry behind the product and he sent me a brochure and a couple bottles of the product. The literature still did not give much information as to how this stuff works except that it treats the metal and not the oil, with some photos of the wear scars on a four ball test. I suspect it is a boron derivative. I did put some into my vehicle (1999 Olds Bravada) to see if there was any improvement in fuel economy (with gas prices as they are I might try anything). I did not collect alot of data prior to putting the product into my vehicle but I do keep an eye on the current fuel economy on the vehicles computer. I was averaging 16-18 mpg at highway speeds 75-80 mph in North Dakota and now after over 300 miles with the product in the engine the computer shows 18-19 mpg. At 60 mph I am showing 23-24 mpg. Not a great improvement but not insignificant either, 5% isnt bad. Just my observations and by no means a scientific test.