Skip to main content

Reply to "ZMAX"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:

My Jeep Grand Cherokee manual 'recommends' that all lubes be changed every time the vehicle goes off road. So,if I went mudding every weekend,I should change out all lubes......EVERY WEEKEND! In that case,I would use as always.....my 'favorite stuff',and change it out and send it back for credit.

So your buddy Miro/Mora would credit you each and every time you went off road with his oil so long as you sent it back? I doubt it.

AD

Just this past spring I sent back a batch of used oil from various oil filter changes over many years on all cars...........and guess what.....I got a new batch of same quantity shipped back free. I paid 14 bucks for shipping the used oil.

There are programs out there created by clinton years ago to 'green' the environment.

quote:
Former President Clinton's executive order on recycling required that by April 20, 1994, federal agencies implement guidelines for the procurement of re-refined oil-based lubricants for all government vehicles. In fiscal 1992, federal automotive fleets totaled 513,682 vehicles, with the majority run by GSA, DOD and the U.S. Postal Service. Many state and local governments base their own procurement systems on the federal system, extending this mandate reach to fleets of buses, police cars and garbage trucks. Executive Order 13101 also directs federal agencies to help reduce waste by buying recycled products.

Finally, Executive Order 13149, "Greening the Government Through Federal Fleet and Transportation Efficiency," directs, "no federal agencies shall purchase, sell or arrange for the purchase of virgin petroleum motor vehicle lubricating oils when re-refined oils are reasonably available and meet the vehicle manufacturer's recommended performance standards."

That is where the re-fined oil is going.......to the government!