Skip to main content

Reply to "ZMAX"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Besides in your perfect world you don't need a warranty, not even on an appliance. Just buy it plug it in and if it doesn't work fresh out of the box you'll just buy another one! Good on you sir!

AD

Several years ago in my "not so perfect world" I purchased a Maytag washing machine for 350...discounted from 500 with free delivery..

The extended warranty through HD was only 45 buck for a total of 4 years. Guess what?.......the machine broke down in just under 5 years, and yes...........I had to buy a new washer--AGAIN(not maytag) due to being out of warranty. That was one of the few times I got bit by something like that being just out of warranty.

At present, I have a lifetime warranty on my Jeep bumper-to-bumper,and I am not worried about warranty issues... as long as the maintenance section in my owners manual is 'filled out'........my warranty is good as per Jeep. Usually when something breaks it's typically electronic(very expensive),and/or the transmission needs a rebuild. I have never needed engine work outside of a stretched timing chain many years ago on a used car. Only rebuilt one transmission...on a used car. Transmission flushes almost assures 175-200k. I am thinking about flushing the mopar stuff at 25k and installing..........well,take a guess.

In the past,and present,warranties are sometimes denied coverage due to sludge.... with receipts. I have zero sludge........so that can't ever be an issue.

I will admit that an antifreeze leak into the engine oil will lead to sludge that has led to warranties being denied even though it was an obvious mfg defect. This was discussed on on BITOG when someone was denied using the stuff Tim sells........even though the coolant leak was the culprit....but the 'sludge' clause in the warranty allowed the dealer/mfg to weasel out of any claim.

I would have flushed the engine--TWICE,installed clean oil,and then gone in for service. Also, that person never checked under the hood much......well duh...he never noticed the leak until way too late! I pop the hood at least once weakly and pull the dip stick,etc...so I am aware of what's going on,if anything,and therefore, totally....CONFIDENT!