Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Sarge:
In the meantime thousands of folks will motor happily down the road with 1oz of TCW3 to 5 gallons of fuel....and have been for over 50 years.
You see....we (the TCW3 users) are testing and experimenting. You are selling. We will continue to test/report/share/debate and you can continue to sell.....or whatever it is you do.
So now you state as fact that TCW3 has been around for 50 years. I thought it was introduced around 1992. Care to share your reference?
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
I wonder if Amsoil tested the EaO filters on Honda and Toyota applications for 6,000,000 miles to see if they'd fail. I don't think so, they failed and had to be redesigned. Seems the end user did the testing, without even knowing it. I wonder if they tested the 15,000 mile service life of the new and improved filter for 6,000,000 miles? At least here we're doing our own testing at our own expense, and taking "the risk".

AD
Where did they fail? Was it an individual filter? They've sold millions. As with all man made products, that can happen. I understood that under extreme conditions and in a few sludge prone cars there was potential to be a problem, so they redesigned and shortened the interval and lowered the price. And why are you changing the subject again?
Good God, you think it's TV that will be paying for any repairs that come from using this......

This quixotic like quest is getting him nowhere, so I don't see why he continues.

Being that he doesn't use it, why is he even in this thread? He hasn't proven that an oil designed to be burned with fuel is bad. He hasn't proven any ill effects to any part of the fuel or emission systems.

None of the people in this thread who use it are selling it. None of us who use it really care if someone uses it or not.

This hard sell nonsense is annoying. This hard sell nonsense turns people off. It makes me declare that I will never, ever, use any Amsoil product. Especially as there are good or better alternatives for less money.

I use TC-W3 in my 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i. Tim, suck it up and deal with it.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
He's referring to two cycle oil as a UCL. It has been around for over a century. It was discovered that TCW3 which I believe is considered ashless works better in modern applications than two cycle oil.

AD
He clearly stated as a fact that TCW3 has been used for 50 years as a four stroke additive. I asked him for a reference.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
Good God, you think it's TV that will be paying for any repairs that come from using this......

This hard sell nonsense is annoying. This hard sell nonsense turns people off. It makes me declare that I will never, ever, use any Amsoil product. Especially as there are good or better alternatives for less money.

I use TC-W3 in my 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i. Tim, suck it up and deal with it.

Trajan I said in another post Tim was turning people off. I also said I'd never, ever use Amsoil again, as a direct result of him, more so than any other reason!

As far as him stopping his hard sell, and endless rants, it will happen when the mods here get sick of him like the mods of other sites and boot him. Until then enjoy the show.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
In the meantime thousands of folks will motor happily down the road with 1oz of TCW3 to 5 gallons of fuel....and have been for over 50 years.
You see....we (the TCW3 users) are testing and experimenting. You are selling. We will continue to test/report/share/debate and you can continue to sell.....or whatever it is you do.
So now you state as fact that TCW3 has been around for 50 years. I thought it was introduced around 1992. Care to share your reference?

I'll speak s l o w l y.
People have been putting "stuff" in the fuel for many years including but not limited to diesel fuel, 2stroke oil, ATF etc. None of it recommended by any manufacturer.
You see Timmy Americans for over two hundred years always testing and trying things ....we thought out of the box. Like ALBERT J. AMATUZIO ...we tried new things....it is called American ingenuity.....
Hot Rodders espicially.....now I do not know your nationality nor where you come from....but that is America. We color outside the lines. It is what made this country great and created entrepreneurs like Amatuzio the founder of Amsoil. Now a flat head would have challenged old Joe to provide proof his new synthetic motor oil worked. This flat head would have campaigned against Joe at every corner. How dare he try something "outside the norm".
It is good old fashioned American Ingenuity.
Get used to it Timmy cuz it ain't gonna change.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:

I'll speak s l o w l y.
People have been putting "stuff" in the fuel for many years including but not limited to diesel fuel, 2stroke oil, ATF etc. None of it recommended by any manufacturer.
You see Timmy... Americans for over two hundred years always testing and trying things ....we thought out of the box. Like ALBERT J. AMATUZIO ...we tried new things....it is called American ingenuity.....
Hot Rodders espicially.....now I do not know your nationality nor where you come from....but that is America. We color outside the lines. It is what made this country great and created entrepreneurs like Amatuzio the founder of Amsoil. Now a flat head would have challenged old Joe to provide proof his new synthetic motor oil worked. This flat head would have campaigned against Joe at every corner. How dare he try something "outside the norm".
It is good old fashioned American Ingenuity.
Get used to it Timmy cuz it ain't gonna change.
quote:
Double post for some reason. My cats must be clogged Smile

Must be that 50 year old TCW3 you claimed people have been using for the past 50 years. Still waiting for your reference.

quote:
"In the meantime thousands of folks will motor happily down the road with 1oz of TCW3 to 5 gallons of fuel....and have been for over 50 years."

quote:
I'll speak s l o w l y.

Timmy....I repeat again for your sake.
I agree TCW3 has not been around 50 years.
2stroke oil has and folks have been using it and other products as a fuel add for a very long time.
I repeat. If you do not wish to use it by all means dont. Who cares. I am not a sales person...thank God.
quote:
quote:
I'll speak s l o w l y.

Timmy....I repeat again for your sake.
I agree TCW3 has not been around 50 years.
2stroke oil has and folks have been using it and other products as a fuel add for a very long time.
I repeat. If you do not wish to use it by all means dont. Who cares. I am not a sales person...thank God.

Cool...I just discovered the Ignore Botton. Bye Tim.

After reading this thread and this Tim more on and his constant and unapologetic shilling and trolling, I signed up specifically to say that not only have I been using two cycle oil as fuel additive in my truck for 13 years and getting amazing results, I wanted to announce that I will NEVER spend a single penny of my money on an AMSOIL product as long as I live.  

My goodness this Tim dude deserves a raise. I’m sure I’m not the only one he has turned off of the AMSOIL BRAND FOR LIFE.

Last edited by Dakota2008
Link copied to your clipboard.