Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Johnpr3 & Jonny-b; While you got a good laugh out of polytron's video featuring destructive testing I only viewed number results from TUV's pages. How does TUV test for wear? I have a machine similar to the one in our video that I use to seize bearing material with a wide range of engine oils. You would be surprised which engine oils do not stand up to wear criteria.
Actually on a destructive test none of them do. There are some engine oils like Royal Purple that will not seize the race bearing at all but not without substantial damage to the test bearing. I enclose 2 pics of bearings of which the 1st was seized at 450 Inch pounds of torque and the resulting damage. The second picture is the result of adding polytron metal treatment to the same oil as the 1st picture. A force of 1200 inch pounds was applied to the same bearing that was flipped over and did not seize. The test engine oil was Mobil 1 synthetic. The promises of Nanovit & Polytron are similar, achieved in different ways. I have tested other prominent additives. They don't work.
jonny-b;
after looking quite hard I found that they probably use a pin to disk tribometer. Tribometer is defined as any instrument used to determine friction in 2 moving bodies. Ok, our instrument doesn't cost $20,000 but does effectively demonstrate oil lubricity in 2 mated metal surfaces. I suspect that visual results aren't visual convincing because of the nature of the test and the not so honest nature of many people out there. I bought a machine to convince myself of the truthfulness of this product. I am still impressded with the results and consequently have used these products in my vehicles and around my home for 3 years. by the way did my pics show up as an attachment?
Hi, again.

I finally was able to test drive the Toyota, earlier today.
I tested it up the same hill, as I did before I put the Nanovit in the engine.

I started the acceleration test in 5th gear at 60 km/h, as I also did before Nanovit.

Between the two points in the hill(some 250 meters), it was able to accelerate from 60 to 78 km/h without.
Now, it was able to accelerate from 60 to 88 km/.
It is a marked difference also in the upper RPM-band.

It seem to be working.

Another thing to considder, is that this car had been doing one clean and two rinses with Auto-Rx, before it was treated with Nanovit.

Now, this Nanovit will last 150 000 kilometers(almost 100 000 miles), so I think it is better bang for the buck, when you also consider its ability to clean the engine(and keep it clean).

This is something I will use in the next car I get.
Link copied to your clipboard.