Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When read the query of "Engine Lubrication", there are 4 usal type of engine application:
1. Personal Vehicle
2. Fleet Transport, Mining and Heavy Duty Equipment
3. Marine (Main driver and auxiliary)
4. Land-used electrical Generator

I am assuming, you are in the 4th application.
Herewith my advise:
- Sellect the suitable lubricant for your engine, based of what kind of fuel you are using (You can discuss it with Oil Manufacturer)
- Maintain all of lube oil system parameters in the acceptable range of the original design.
i.e:
water cooler input < 30 degree C
water cooler output < 50 degree C
Oil supply pressure as per design +/- 10%
change oil filter when DP reach 1 bard
etc

- Evaluate the engine oil in regular basis (PDM, with the freq: 250 h). Check the oil viscosity, TBN, Flash point and insoluble percentage. Replace the oil if necessary

Regards,
There are many ways to cut corners, but the most common involve drain interval extension with cheap oil and no used oil analysis, cheap quality oil and filters, and even changing oil but not filters or vice versa," Taylor says. "All of these strategies can be costly in the long run, because they compromise the performance and protection of critical engine parts. Premature replacement of failed engine parts or catastrophic engine failure is far more costly than any money you would save in the short term with cheap lubricants.
Link copied to your clipboard.