Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
I've used their full chemical synthetic motor oil, transmission and differential fluids since the 90's in several vehicles.

I retired from Shell Oil Co. as a chemist in 2004 and started my AMSOIL business at that time.

I can help you get the lowest prices and provide technical support.

Contact me anytime.

Why do you use Amsoil, reason I ask is because you are a dealer, what makes Amsoil different from other oil's, and I am not interested in doing Extended Drains, I go by my OLM.

How would I contact you.
Tim, can you tell us why you have been Banned from about 10 other Forums, is this the only website you visit these days. If your business is so great, then why are you Trolling Internet Message Boards. I believe you were a member on TITAN TALK, and you did not even own a Titan, I believe a Titan is a Toyota SUV or Truck.

Don't tell us you are here or on other message boards to provide info about Amsoil, anyone interested in Amsoil can go to Amsoil's Site.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel:
Tim, can you tell us why you have been Banned from about 10 other Forums,
I guess the moderators and sponsors did not appreciate my positive AMSOIL comments. Feel free to read my posts. I think they are still there.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel:is this the only website you visit these days.
No.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel: If your business is so great, then why are you Trolling Internet Message Boards.
Entertainment. Information.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel: I believe you were a member on TITAN TALK, and you did not even own a Titan, I believe a Titan is a Toyota SUV or Truck.
I am still a member there. I was considering buying a Titan to tow a 5th wheeler toy hauler/RV, and decided on a Class A Damon Outlaw toy hauler motorhome instead. I also have many clients that own Titans and like to keep informed.
Tim, try and be more honest, the reason why you are the only Amsoil Dealer too be BANNED from at least 10 other Forums is because you were pushing a non sponsored product. You did not bring anything positive to the discussions. All of your answers seem to have some Amsoil Link attached.

It is not cool when you trash other products like you did in that Schaeffer's Thread.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel:
Tim, try and be more honest, the reason why you are the only Amsoil Dealer too be BANNED from at least 10 other Forums is because you were pushing a non sponsored product.
I have never "pushed" a non sponsored product. I will make recommendations when asked, and clear up misinformation.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel: You did not bring anything positive to the discussions.
Many have thanked me for my contributions to discussions.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel: All of your answers seem to have some Amsoil Link attached.
Not true. As an example, find a link in any of the answers I have provided here.

quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel:It is not cool when you trash other products like you did in that Schaeffer's Thread.
I have never trashed other products.
Tim, you have even been Banned from Motorcycle Forums, there was one Forum where you only lasted a day and had 10 posts.

Nobody on this Forum has asked you for any recommendations, if someone started a thread about Pennzoil Platinum you would probably jump in with some Link to an Amsoil Test that shows there oil is better than Pennzoil Platinum, I call that trashing.

Are you going to invite any of your so called 406 customers too come on here and share there experiences with Amsoil.
Tim, I was thanking you for your response, not recommendations. The information you provided was scattered sales literature. For example, Haywood Gray pulling a sample at 409,000 miles to say how great the oil was and I was asking for a running log covering the previous 400,000 miles to see trends. In response to that you posted a link to something completely different as if that was Proof for Haywood Gray. Those weren't recommendations Tim, just responses.
quote:
Originally posted by johnpr3:
Tim, I don't recall thanking you for any recommendations. I tend to agree with TarHeel with regards to your "participation" on this board. In fact, the traffic seems to be WAY down since you started pushing your products here.

I was looking for Amsoil users and all I have found is an Amsoil Salesman. This is a site where people can share knowledge, instead we have an Amsoil Salesman pushing meaningless data that is fabricated by Amsoil. I guess the only Amsoil users on this board are actually Amsoil Salesman.

Sarge over on the LS1 Forums thinks Tim Vipond is the worst Amsoil Salesman EVER.
quote:
Since no one here seems to want to talk with you other than me, what specifically are you looking for?

Nobody wants to talk with me because nobody comes here except you, everytime I come on this site you are here, and you are the only one here. The only reason you are here is too try and get a sale, that is the only reason.

Since you want too sell me something, then I will give you a shot at a sale, BUT I DO NOT WANT TOO SEE ANY AMSOIL LINKS.

What would be a good oil for a 5000 mile OCI, and what oil filter would be a good option. So you can tell me what Amsoil motor oil and filter combination would be good without slamming the competition.

Another thing Tim, nobody else on here wants to talk with you.

Will you be visiting any other Message Boards today.
quote:
What year/make/model/engine are you looking for my recommendation? Is your driving considered normal or severe by the manufacturer? What is the OEM recommended oil change interval for each?

I already looked up my Vehicles on the Amsoil Homepage, how much does that cheap OE oil go for a quart, I was thinking about the 5W-30 grade.

I will tell you what I want, I really do not think anyone here wants your recommendations, you are a Salesman, not a Mechanic.

Please do not put me to sleep with your credentials of working at Shell, for all we know, you could have been a Janitor in one of there buildings.
How much is poor lubrication and filtration practices costing your company? How much time and money are you pouring down the drain by not optimizing oil drain intervals. Maintaining your mobile equipment is probably one of your largest operating expenses. Engine and drive rebuilds alone can send your maintenance budget through the roof. Learn how to drastically reduce maintenance and lubricant costs. @ http://maximumoilchangeintervals.com/
Tarheel,

I use Amsoil and have in my 02 Explorer for 262k miles now. I have it everywhere in all my equipment too. My 70's bulldozer I run it in the engine and final drives. My 70's David Brown tractor I run it in the engine and final drives. I do not run it in the hydraulic systems due to constant leaks and the expense required to replace it.
My exploder has it everywhere there is an oil lubricant, from the transmission to the engine to the differentials and transfer case.
I'm more than happy with the service it has given me, and the cooling it has given my tranny, since I tow once in a while (more weight than I should probably).

I don't know Tim, but if he's like other salesmen, I probably don't want to either! I avoid salesmen like the plague. One of the reasons to visit the Amsoil site and get what I want. They credit my purchases to some "upline" like Amway or other mlm business, but I don't care since I don't have to deal with them.

My 2 cents
Some people can make syn work for them and some people don't go through the effort and usually it may not be worth the effort The main advantages of syn oils are extreme cold ,extreme high oil temps and extended drain intervals. Does it prolong your engine life? Maybe maybe not. If you don't extend your oil change intervals ,live in an area with near arctic winters you may not gain any advantage with syn base oils. I have worked in fleet maintenance and seen engines with more miles on them than could be imagines by running quality dino oils and proper oil change intervals. Amsoil is a fine oil as there are other fine oils.I don't sell Amsoil . All I can say is if you want to give Amsoil a try, go for it. Remember since most properly maintained engines usually outlast the chassis or the expensive trannie rebuild I find the syn advantage next to 0 unless extended oil change intervals are used.
Link copied to your clipboard.