Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
It must be frustrating. No auto maker uses unrated, unproven oil in their vehicles.

Must be frustrating that most of them use dino oil for their low/mid range vehicles.

Must be frustrating that, for example, Porsche factory fills with Mobil 1. BMW with Castrol, or Ferarri uses Shell.

Must be galling that despite your claims, dino or Grp III oils are being used by thousands upon thousands of vehicles with no problems.

The only people frustrated and galled as you say are the ones with engine issues,such as excess wear, excess sludge,and even ruined engines that need replacement.

However,I am quite delighted,and not the least bit frustrated as you claim...because my engines are on a strict diet of premium synthetic oil and all run perfect.

This is a pasted section of a link from hughes engine re-builders discussing all the issues with modern day lubes and how even the Japanese are way ahead and we are "trying" to catch up with their lubricant technology,not to mention the European standard as well.

<<<<The Japanese have better (slicker) oils that still protect flat tappet cams, they are good enough
that they can even improve fuel mileage and protect that cadillac thing. With all the pressures from the environmentalists on our so-called elected representatives in Congress, along with $3.00 a gallon gasoline, t he oil companies are doing lots of research on improving oils to catch up with the Japanese . One of the additives that may prove to be the answer is called molybdenum carbamate. This moly is soluble so it mixes with the oil and stays in suspension. It is very slippery like its cousin the gray stuff and it actually sticks to, or plates up, on metal parts as opposed to zinc phosphate, that does not stick to the metal. In the start and stop situations that our cars go through it is actually better than zinc phosphate. Some race only oils may have super high amounts of the zinc phosphate that is fine for a 500-mile race where the engine is never shut off.

Why, you ask, isnt this moly carbamate used in some oils now, if it is so good? Two answers: 1) price, and 2) it is used in some industrial oils where use is more severe and the quality of oils make a real difference. As to cost, the oil companies have been getting by with the crap they have been selling if it aint broke dont fix it!>>>>>>

The API has definitely been trailing behind the advancement of engine technology and that is why most Euro car makers have developed their own oil specifications,and now dexos is following that lead. ACEA and the Euro car makers currently have the best auto oil specs along with engine performance and longevity. It's time for the U.S. and API to get up to speed,and that is what dexos is all about.

The dexos will be backward compatible,rendering the other oil standards obsolete....at the very least, antiquated, if you think about it.

However,In my particular case,I have been using motor oil for years now that is held at least to the highest standards mentioned above.

Any premium group IV synthetic will easily meet and exceed even the toughest standards,and has been doing so for many years now. I like to be ahead of the curve,not behind it.

Kirk
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Refresh my memory you drive a Z4? If so that is a beast of modern machinery with beautiful styling to match.

The motors produced by BMW can lay down some serious horsepower, with handling to match. Sporty but also refined and surefooted.

To pollute the engine with swill like Synlube...Well that would be a syn.

Nuke,
Gotta love that '75 Vette bro! Take care of it, drive the wheels off of it, it will last another 35 years!

Dave
Thanks for the compliment Dave...I do have plans for it. Would like to go through the suspension and update it...Ecklers offers a system for around $2900 that includes a rack and pinion update. ..Would like a older car that corners like it's on rails.

Would also like to build a mildly fast street car in the range of 350-400 HP. Like all my vehicles it will be cared for. I actually like detailing the paint and interior.

Again many thanks...Nuke
quote:
Thanks for the compliment Dave...I do have plans for it. Would like to go through the suspension and update it...Ecklers offers a system for around $2900 that includes a rack and pinion update. ..Would like a older car that corners like it's on rails.

Would also like to build a mildly fast street car in the range of 350-400 HP. Like all my vehicles it will be cared for. I actually like detailing the paint and interior.

Again many thanks...Nuke

As usual......change the subject when you can't deal with the hard core facts!!

P.S. What's it like talking to all your different personalities???
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:

Again many thanks...Nuke

Facts like PYB meets GF-5. And a dino oil at that.

Something you claim isn't possible w/o it being a synth blend.

What's that oil that is neither API, or ACEA, or ILSAC rated.... Oh yeah, synlube.

How about the fact that it's the organizations named on page 1 that set the standarts, not, as you claim, big oil.

Still making those baseless accusations I see.

Nuc, make sure you use the right oil. If it has a flat tappet camshaft, (and I don't know if they do or not.), you'll want to us "SL" rated oil. http://www.aa1car.com/library/..._classifications.htm Then again, it is a '75, so it may not. (ZDDP is bad for a cat.)
Last edited by trajan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:

Again many thanks...Nuke

Facts like PYB meets GF-5. And a dino oil at that.

Something you claim isn't possible w/o it being a synth blend.

What's that oil that is neither API, or ACEA, or ILSAC rated.... Oh yeah, synlube.

How about the fact that it's the organizations named on page 1 that set the standarts, not, as you claim, big oil.

Still making those baseless accusations I see.

Nuc, make sure you use the right oil. If it has a flat tappet camshaft, (and I don't know if they do or not.), you'll want to us "SL" rated oil. http://www.aa1car.com/library/..._classifications.htm Then again, it is a '75, so it may not. (ZDDP is bad for a cat.)

Your too late trajan..........the last post of mine(6:03pm) already addressed all the concerns for old and newer cars,and then some. In fact,the Jay leno post way back I posted specifically addressed older cars,from the you tube link I pasted. Oh,that's right,Nuke doesn't read those......they provide knowledge!
Posters and moderators,please read this link.

This is a part of the link
This would indicate that nucleardawg is a Psycho!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Li...iar-and-co-682eq.htm

quoted from the link

<<<<<<I met him on the internet as "Nucleardawg", but he could be out there as just about anyone. He also holds himself out>>>>>>>

Report: Walter R. McDuffie
Reported By: (Atlanta Georgia)
Walter R. McDuffie Liar and Con Artist has Resurfaced in Georgia! Macon Georgia
... Walter McDuffie is a Professional Con Artist!

Author
Consumer
Employee Respond to this report!

Victim of this person/company?

What's This?Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!
Walter R. McDuffie
nucleardawg
Macon Georgia
U.S.A.
Phone:
Web Address:

Category: Liars

Submitted: Thursday, December 18, 2008
Last posting: Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Last edited by annieoakley
yeah, sure annie. I'd take something from someone called "Name witheld." seriously.

By your logic, all those attempts by people claiming the miro who killed his parents is the same one who pushed synlube must be true.

And, I guess when the reports are posted there of one miro/kirk/whoever pushing this synlube ripoff, ranging from how one never has to change their oil to the use of mail drop offs, multiple address, and the recently exposed lie of operating out of Mercury NV, you of course be posting that link too.

Since you stuck your beak in with yet another off topic post, perhaps you can do what your other persona fails to do.

Why does a dino PYB meet GF-5?

Why can't this swindle...er synlube meet anything?
Last edited by trajan
quote:
yeah, sure annie. I'd take something from someone called "Name witheld." seriously.

By your logic, all those attempts by people claiming the miro who killed his parents is the same one who pushed synlube must be true.

And, I guess when the reports are posted there of one miro/kirk/whoever pushing this synlube ripoff, ranging from how one never has to change their oil to the use of mail drop offs, multiple address, and the recently exposed lie of operating out of Mercury NV, you of course be posting that link too.

Since you stuck your beak in with yet another off topic post, perhaps you can do what your other persona fails to do.

Why does a dino PYB meet GF-5?

Why can't this swindle...er synlube meet anything?

This is the way most people with half a brain see you as

ADF1=TRAJAN=NUCLEARDAWG=DELTONA_DAVE....ETC.ETC.

Maybe the moderators finally banned the nucleardawg persona,finally-hopefully!! If not.........please do so..he is way too foul for any forum!!! He pollutes this forum with his stench!!

Moreover,You are one sick individual who obviously has no life at all,other then posting crazy talk on this and other forums.

It's official...........You are a NUTJOB!!!!
So, what you're saying is.......... you can't answer.

Since you can't provide the answer, or ask any kind of question that is of relevance to the topic, or even act with any kind of decorum.....

Why are you here?

Gf-5 will be backwards compatible. What I wonder is if there will be any A3/B3 offerings. Will that be even necessary.

Can you answer that one?

CAFE – the U.S. Corporate Average Fuel Economy standard for light duty trucks is currently at 21.6 mpg and will possibly increase to 29.5 mpg by the 2011 model year.

U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005 – requires increased use of renewable fuels through 2012.

U.S. EPA Mobile Source Air Toxics – will require non-methane hydrocarbon (NMHC) standards for cold temperatures (20oF) by the 2011 model year.

California CAA section 177 – will adopt increasingly more stringent non-methane organic gas (NMOG) standards for LEV II (low emission vehicles) through the 2010 model year.

Some of the things GF-5 has to address.

Any insightful comments? Or can you only attack posters.

http://www.api.org/certificati..._draft_Nov_19_09.pdf

Again? Any relevant thoughts? Really want to see if you're more than a one trick pony.
Last edited by trajan
quote:

Since you can't provide the answer, or ask any kind of question that is of relevance to the topic, or even act with any kind of decorum.....

Why are you here?

Trajan/nucleardawg/adf1/deltona_dave/snakedoctor/etc.etc. ...

Answer what,and to whom,a nutjob like you....who never answers any questions,never has anything to offer,but only remarks with foul and vile comments. Why don't you answer the above link,for once, that makes nuke/you look very suspiscious! I have nothing to hide,unlike you!

WHY ARE YOU HERE,TRAJAN?........All the other posts,not including yours...or those from your other screen names, provide useful,factual information that helps people make intelligent decisions that you always detrack. I say you are here just for that purpose,to detrack us from useful,helpful information............your mission has failed sir!!!

I will continue using what you like to call,"swill lube",because it works better than anything I have used to date. That's all I need to know.

After reading this thread,I would also use if I ever needed to,the dexos discussed,because I can see it will be a very good product,however,for now,I am fine with my present motor oil,thank you very much!

Still waiting for something intelligent that makes sense from Trajan.

Since no one responed or defended the above link showing that nuke/tajan is a very disturbed person and lives on the net harassing people.........this alone would confirm it to be the truth!

Here it is again, for all to see who/what you are...posters,please read the entire link...nucleardawag is discussed in this link which we all know is trajan,etc.etc.

Or is this you,tajan.......

http://twitter.com/RobertTrajan
quote:
Originally posted by annie_oakley:
quote:

Why are you here?

Trajan/nucleardawg/adf1/deltona_dave/snakedoctor/etc.etc. ...

Answer what,and to whom,a nutjob like you....who never answers any questions,never has anything to offer,but only remarks with foul and vile comments. Why don't you answer the above link,for once, that makes nuke/you look very suspiscious! I have nothing to hide,unlike you!

WHY ARE YOU HERE,TRAJAN?........All the other posts,not including yours...or those from your other screen names, provide useful,factual information that helps people make intelligent decisions that you always detrack. I say you are here just for that purpose,to detrack us from useful,helpful information............your mission has failed sir!!!

I will continue using what you like to call,"swill lube",because it works better than anything I have used to date. That's all I need to know.

After reading this thread,I would also use if I ever needed to,the dexos discussed,because I can see it will be a very good product,however,for now,I am fine with my present motor oil,thank you very much!

Still waiting for something intelligent that makes sense from Trajan.

Since no one responded or defended the above link showing that nuke/tajan is a very disturbed person and lives on the net harassing people.........this alone would confirm it to be the truth!

Here it is again, for all to see who/what you are...posters,please read the entire link...nucleardawag is discussed in this link which we all know is trajan,etc.etc.

Or is this you,trajan/nuke...dawg!.......click on the link below...and may the real trajan...please step forward!!!

http://twitter.com/RobertTrajan

Well....
quote:
As I suspected. Well, knew actually. You are a one trick pony.

As is normal for Trajan, he ignores the question and won't respond.

Trajan also showed us that he's a liar. As we all know, when does a liar tell the truth? You can't tell.

Where's that engine that your virtual neighbour has that was sludged-up by using Synlube?

Well?

Well?

Well?
quote:
Refresh my memory you drive a Z4? If so that is a beast of modern machinery with beautiful styling to match.

The motors produced by BMW can lay down some serious horsepower, with handling to match. Sporty but also refined and surefooted.

This is standard fare for Nucleardope. He whines that Capt. Kirk gets off subject. What do you call this, Nuclearignorant?
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:

This is standard fare for Nucleardope. He whines that Capt. Kirk gets off subject. What do you call this, Nuclearignorant?

And your posts are relevant to the subject of GF-5 how, exactly?

Can you answer the questions posed, or follow kirk/annie into their usual ignominious failure?

I'm guessing the latter.
quote:
And your posts are relevant to the subject of GF-5 how, exactly?

Can you answer the questions posed, or follow kirk/annie into their usual ignominious failure?

I'm guessing the latter.

Answer this first. It was put to you months ago. You used to do this to Miro ad nauseum.

As is normal for Trajan, he ignores the question and won't respond. Trajan also showed us that he's a liar. As we all know, when does a liar tell the truth? You can't tell. Where's that engine that your virtual neighbour has that was sludged-up by using Synlube? Well? Well? Well?
quote:

You tell me, as that thread had nothing to do with GF-5 oil. Unlike this one. One you have yet to add anything worth while.

1: Read the questions asked above. Specifically the one if any GF-5 oils will be A3/B3.

2: Said thread was not about GF-5 oil, unlike this one. Wonder what said locked thread has to do with this one.

3: Perhaps I can post said picture here, and ask the question, "Will there be any GF-5 oil that will be ACEA A3/B3 that will be useable?"

4: I could do that. But it would yet be another question that will be way above your comprehension level. Par for the course really.

You really should follow your own advice in your last sentence. Pathetic little troll.

You have some nerve asking Annie to answer more of your usual inane stuff, and insulting her by calling her a "pathetic little troll." You come across as a pathetic chauvinistic male who can't take any lip from females. Not unexpected considering your background. It's obvious from your response that Annie has really cheesed you off. That's funny to me.

Answer this first. It was put to you months ago. You used to do this to Miro ad nauseum.

As is normal for Trajan, he ignores the question and won't respond.

Trajan also showed us that he's a liar.

As we all know, when does a liar tell the truth? You can't tell. Where's that engine that your virtual neighbour has that was sludged-up by using Synlube?

Well? Well? Well?
Inhaliburton= Larry
Captain Kirk= Curly
Annie=Moe

Together of course we have the 3 stooges...Of course whats even funnier than a 'man' who pretends to be a woman...Is a 'man' who has 3 identities.

'Synnners' it turns out are just one old 'goober'.

Miro SAY 'HI' to your woman for me OK bud. HAHAHAHA...MIRO YOU ARE SIMPLY A JOKE...I just love slamming this turd of a 'man'
Annie, play it smart and don't respond to Nuclearcoward's disgusting remarks. If I knew his children's email addresses, I would send them his remarks so they can see what a disgusting, filthy-mouthed moron they have for a parent. You should be ashamed of yourself. Does your wife know you post this sort of thing? I'm guessing that your "background" is similar to Trajan's.
quote:
Inhaliburton= Larry
Captain Kirk= Curly
Annie=Moe

Together of course we have the 3 stooges...Of course whats even funnier than a 'man' who pretends to be a woman...Is a 'man' who has 3 identities.

'Synnners' it turns out are just one old 'goober'.

Miro SAY 'HI' to your woman for me OK bud. HAHAHAHA...MIRO YOU ARE SIMPLY A JOKE...I just love slamming this turd of a 'man'

But the Three Stooges were funny. These three are worse than Curly Joe DeRita and Shemp.
Miro,

Do your neighbors know you moonlight as a woman?

This is a classic meltdown...Watching this guy sink further is better than any TV sitcom.

Oh yes...this has all been saved and printed and will be mailed along with 'your past history'

You just don't know when to stop do you...Well I will put an end to this...You have slowly slipped away...We will make your illness known, so you can get the help you surely need.

Annie??? You are one strange character Miro...I fear for those who live around you.
Link copied to your clipboard.