Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
"Diesel Fleet Fuel Economy Study"

"AMSOIL synthetic drivetrain lubricants
increased fuel economy in short- to medium-haul
trucking applications by 6.54 percent."

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2904.pdf?zo=1181889 .

The Noria community experience is best when people follow a few rules. Here are some key ones to remember:

- Do not harass, abuse, or threaten other members.

- Do not post content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable.

- Try to stay on topic.

- Refrain from using these message boards for commercial or advertising purposes.

- Don't post copyrighted content without permission from the owner.

Tim, you have not harrased, abused, or threatened other members.
Tim, you have not posted content that is obscene or otherwise objectionable.
Tim, you have tried to stay on topic.

Tim, you have not refrained from using these message boards for commercial or advertising purposes.
Tim, you have posted copyrighted content without permission from the owner.

This Thread should be removed, since it does VIOLATE 2 Rules.
quote:
I only provided an informational link to a study performed by Ford and AMSOIL pertaining to truck lubrication which is permitted by AMSOIL.

You are using this board for Advertising Amsoil, anyone can see that, you are Violating the Rules, why not contact an Administrator and ask him and we can see if you are right.

What is the purpose of the Link, to get people too buy Amsoil, you can call it an Informational Link, everything you put up or say on this site has only one purpose, and that is to sell Amsoil, you are not bringing anything positive to this Board.
quote:
I see there are 63 views so far, so it seems many are interested in the study. If anyone has other fuel savings studies using synthetic oils, please post.

63 Views is terrible, some threads on BITOG, the Website that you were Banned from because you were pushing Amsoil, they have well over 1000 Views.

I am not buying any study that Amsoil does, because they are made up, if we have an Amsoil Salesman that cannot follow the Rules here, then I have my doubts about what Amsoil says in there tests, it's just PURE MARKETING. Amsoil will say anything in there tests to get you to buy there products, there is nothing cutting edge about Amsoil anymore.
Tim, you do not even have any proof that Amsoil actually did any testing, you are a Salesman, were you in the Lab that Amsoil owns, the one that is less than a mile from Amsoil Headquarters.

How many people are doing 25,000 mile OCI's with Amsoil, not many. There were some people on BITOG that stopped doing extended drains because they were running into problems.
quote:
Originally posted by TarHeel:
Tim, I see there was an Administrator on, interesting.

Ford is going to do a study with Amsoil, I do not buy that for a minute.

I gave them a call and they DENIED ever doing any tests with Amsoil, now if I am wrong, you can invite one of these Ford Employees on here so that he can explain everything.
Who did you speak with and what is his phone number? And what is your name so I can confirm you spoke with him?

More information on this test done with Ford Motor Company published in this magazine at http://flukesgreatoutdoors.com.../PC_December2011.pdf .
Last edited by timvipond
quote:
quote:

I gave them a call and they DENIED ever doing any tests with Amsoil, now if I am wrong, you can invite one of these Ford Employees on here so that he can explain everything.
Who did you speak with and what is his phone number? And what is your name so I can confirm you spoke with him?

More information on this test done with Ford Motor Company published in this magazine at http://flukesgreatoutdoors.com.../PC_December2011.pdf .
Tim, why is the burden of proof always on everyone else. You are making the claims based on your in house testing. Why don't you provide names and phone numbers of those involved so interested parties can inquire if they choose?
quote:
Ford Motor Company - Rawsonville Plant http://www.ewashtenaw.org/gove...ord_rawsonville.html

Ask for fleet maintenance.

Why don't you ask for FLEET MAINTENANCE, you are the one that started this Thread, lets get these Ford Guys on, if you do not get these guys on within 24 hours then everyone on this board will know what is really going on, Tim, the ball is in your hands. Your credibility is at stake, lets see what you got.

I gave them a call and they DENIED ever doing any tests with Amsoil, now if I am wrong, you can invite one of these Ford Employees on here so that he can explain everything.[/quote]
I'm still waiting for your information...
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm still waiting for your information...

I am still waiting on your information, at this point your credibility is at stake.
quote:
So you really didn't talk to someone at Ford today?

I provided the study, the magazine and phone numbers and contact info.

What backup are you talking about?

I really did talk with someone, and it was not your study, it was Amsoil's so called Marketing Machine at work, this person I talked with had absolutely no clue about Amsoil, that is why I am asking you AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, get the appropriate people on here to back your story up, if you don't, then we will know that everything you have said is pure Marketing.
quote:
Who is the Ford Rep you spoke with? I'll ask him if he would like to participate. Who is "we"? Who are you?

I am not giving any names out, you can find someone that did that test too come here and participate, Tim, it is not cool to demand information from customers.

You provided the Link, then you need to provide us with some proof that Ford actually did some tests with Amsoil, I have my doubts.
Hi Tim... i agree with TarHeel after reading this pdf file, and my conclusion it's only marketing letter from Amsoil..that's it....
enoch

quote:
quote:
Who is the Ford Rep you spoke with? I'll ask him if he would like to participate. Who is "we"? Who are you?

I am not giving any names out, you can find someone that did that test too come here and participate, Tim, it is not cool to demand information from customers.

You provided the Link, then you need to provide us with some proof that Ford actually did some tests with Amsoil, I have my doubts.
Link copied to your clipboard.