Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on Vibration Analysis and Laser Alignment Tools.

Hello all,

i am currently using a now antiquated Datapac 1500 for walk around data collection. It is a good instrument, the only downfall is the lack of memory. Soon Rockwell will not be able to support the Datapacs due to lack of repair parts.
I am looking to upgrade to the Enpac 2500, before doing so I would like some opinions on the reliablity of the unit. I have heard some bad things and some good. Please be honest in your opinions. The units are not cheap, dont want to be stuck with an overpriced unit that will not perform to my standards.

Thanks
Jim
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Salam n hello Jimmy,

Why dont you go for a refurbished SKF Microlog CMVA 60? Check out your nearest SKF Agent. A friend of mine purchased it alongwith Prism software at about one fourth of orignial price.

I have experience to use both Microlog CMVA Series and CSI 2130. Both are excellent for routine vibration monitoring. I would like to suggest that you should check CSI 2130 as well. Getting information about its features from nearest available agent won't cost you anything.

We have a Microlog CMVA 60 and CSI 2130 at our plant and we have decided to shift all vibration monitoring to CSI 2130, as we found it pretty smarter than CMVA 60. Its fast n battery life + memory are outstanding. Most probabaly we are going to purchase a second unit of CSI 2130... Smile

Regards,
Dear Jimmy,

With Advance analysis feature you can have:

1)Bump test on equipment off
2)Bump test on equipment Running
3)Coast down peak hold
4)Coast down peak and phase
5)Rotor bar test motor Current (some additional hardware is required for this feature)
6)Order tracking
7)Synchronous Time Averaging
8)Orbit Plot (you can upload the plots to analysis software as well)
9)Cross Channel Phase
10)In off route mode it has waveform,Spectra,Overall,Third octave,True zoom,Cascade etc.

Moreover i have purchase an additional plug in for "Advance Transient Analysis".

The things i like most about CSI 2130.

1)It is very fast.
2)Almost unlimited memory.Internal memory is 256 MB, while i have an additional 1GB card. But i could never utitlize more than 20% of internal memory during daily measrements(approx 30 m/c's per day).
3)12800 # of lines both in off-route and route mode.
4)End frequency is 4800 KCPM.
5)You can save more than one readings at any point or for whole machine.
6)It can be used as temporay online monitor.(for example, when ever i need, i often record the overall vibration for 5 - 10 minutes and then upload to analysis software. the length of data stored depends on battery life n available memory. If you wish to store data for hours then you can supply it with power to overcome battery problem, n with 5-10 minutes of overall vibration trend it used only 1-3 MB of space approx.)

here is just an overview...
If you wish to have more details, contact me at yaser.ejaz@fatima-group.com. I will send you a comparision chart which i made b/w CSI 2130 & SKF Micrologs.

Regards,

Yaser
Jimmy,
I replaced my 1500's with 2500's about 2 years ago. I would not go back. The 2500's are very easy to use and pretty much bulletproof if you leave the rubber bumper cover on them. Mine have the off-route analysis, balancing, and startup-coastdown options installed, so I can use them for anything I was using the 1500's for. The 2500's are much lighter than a Datapac, the batteries last forever and are standard NiMH camcorder batteries so they don't have a memory and can be left on charge whenever you are not using the meter. The Enpacs have alot more internal memory, I've never managed to fill one up, and they take compact flash cards as external memory.
The screen is smaller than the Datapacs, but it is color and is very easy to see in bright sunlight or total darkness. The USB connection makes unloading and loading routes incredibly fast, my largest route takes about 5 seconds to load. Overall I'm very happy with mine. No, I don't work for Rockwell, just a satisfied user.
Link copied to your clipboard.